Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ravi Moss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is practicing with the UK Football team... he hasn't played since he was in 6th grade but Brooks asked him to come and practice with them... we will know in a week or so if he is going to play. He is practicing the wide receiver spot.
The way the team was struck with injuries last year they may be able to use him.
That would be a great addition
Are there any rules about that kind of stuff?? I mean didnt he play 4 years of College Sports?? Will he be eligible?
corndog23 Wrote:Are there any rules about that kind of stuff?? I mean didnt he play 4 years of College Sports?? Will he be eligible?

I don't think it matters if it's a different sport. If he wanted to stay another year for basketball he would have to be redshirted.
The WIldcats conducted its first practice of spring drills this morning with a surprise addition. Ravi Moss, who has been a supersub on Tubby Smith's basketball team the past four seasons, was lined up at wide receiver. UK coach Rich Brooks said he talked with Moss earlier this week about joining the football team, and Moss will spend the next couple of weeks working out on a trial basis to see if he wants to join the team in the fall. Moss has completed his four years of basketball eligibility but still has one year remaining if he decides to stick with football. Brooks and UK offensive coordinator Joker Phillips said they unsuccessfully tried to persuade Chuck Hayes to give football a try at the end of last season. While the 6-foot-2,. 190-pound Moss hasn't played competitive football since the sixth grade, Brooks and Phillips believe he has the size, athleticism and toughness to make the transition. Moss still has to learn some of the nuances of the position, but he showed some potential when he got behind defensive backs Karl Booker and Trevard Lindley and hauled in a deep pass from quarterback Andre Woodson.

This morning's workout also marked the debut of freshman WIll FIdler, who graduated early from Henderson County High School in order to join the Cats for spring drills. Fidler showed nice touch on several of his passes during seven-on-seven drills, but the coaching staff said he'll likely have his ups and downs while he makes the adjustment to college football.
The big news of the day was expected to be all about Will Fidler, the freshman quarterback who left Henderson County early to get an early start on his college career.

Will was impressive, but....he wasn't the story.

It was all about no. 4. No, not Glenn Holt. He used up his eligibility last year. No. 4 is a new player. Former Cat Ravi Moss.

Rich Brooks asked his brother, Adrian, whose fighting for playing time on the defensive line, to have Ravi come see him. Rich pitched Ravi.

According to Brooks, Ravi is going to spend the next week and a half deciding if he wants to play football.

Brooks likes everything about Ravi as a wide out. His size, his hands, his character, and his ability to pick up a new sports quickly.

When UK offensive co-ordinator Joker Phillips drew up a play, Ravi called it Madden. So, Joker calls the play Madden. Ravi recognized the pass route based on playing the Madden video game.

Ravi wasn't available to talk after practice Wednesday. Rich Brooks has a rule that any player who leaves early for class, can't stop and talk with the media.

Brooks is quick to point out that he's had and seen basketball players use up their eligibility, try football, and go on to play in the NFL. He's not predicting that for Ravi, but he hopes the popular basketball player from Hopkinsville will decide to keep No. 4 into the fall.
I hope to see Ravi Moss play and do great on the football field it would give me someone to root for.
We'll probably see Woo and Shagari out next week. Would make great receivers. Wait a minute, neither can catch a lob pass in basketball. Forget that idea.

BTW...congrats to Ravi. Would have loved to have seen Chuck Hayes do the same.
So after he played b-ball for 4 years hes gonna be able to play football for 4? Seems kinda crazy going to college for 4 extra years just to play football, after playing basketball like he did.
1 year is all he can play
He only has one year of eligibilty to play football.
Hope to see him on the field...
Go RAVI..we are rooting for ya~
This is an interesting piece of news. Could start a whole new trend at UK. Who's next.
Saw him on campus on Monday, listening to his Ipod, singing.... I think he'll be a good fit for coach Brooks next year...
I just don't understand the rule I thought you only had 4 years of eligibilty period, and I missing something here?
I'm no rule expert, but from what I can tell, you have 5 years of athletic eligibility, but you can only play any single sport for 4 seasons. Since this would be his 5th athletic season that's the most he can play football is one year since he didn't play in the past.
I heard from Mike Archer today at the baseball game that they tried the same thing with Chuck Hayes unsuccesfully after his senior season.
Rich Brooks commented tonight on the 6 PM sports that he would of loved to of had Chuck Hayes at TE.
WOW. This might be the wierdest thing I have heard of in a while, but good luck to Ravi.
I wonder how Ravi will hold up after a his first big hit from a D-lineman. he may think playing ball line D under Tubby wasn't that bad afterall. Smile
Thanks Tomcat for clearing that up a little I thought you only had 4 years of eligibility.
Yellow Snow Wrote:We'll probably see Woo and Shagari out next week. Would make great receivers. Wait a minute, neither can catch a lob pass in basketball. Forget that idea.

BTW...congrats to Ravi. Would have loved to have seen Chuck Hayes do the same.
BTW can't you just comment on the thread? You have to use this thread to bash the basketball tema some more? I hope Ravi plays. I think he could really step up and play receiver. Her is a good athlete, and just having the athleticism is i big par tof it. Good luck Ravi.
Hope Ravi decides to play. He should be a good player IMO
Good luck Ravi. he played tough and with alot of heart on the court, so its untelling how tough he is on the field, hope me makes it!