Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 8 - Hazard 6 (14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Estill!
56th district finals dejavue. Powell and Estill met last week in the district finals with Powell losing their first region game of the year to the Engineers by 8-2. Should be a good game.
Hazard: 1-0-0-0-0-5-0 - - 6 ®, 6 (H), 5 (E)

Estill: 1-0-1-3-1-2-x - - 8 ®, 10 (H), 0 (E)

Hazard:

1st - home run by Austin Johnson in the first.

6th - Olinger 2 Run Double, Rest was base hits

Estill:

1st - RBI Single from Corey Thomas

3rd - Case RBI Single

4th - French RBI Single, Day RBI Double, Horn Sac Fly

5th - Sparks Sac Fly

6th - Home Run by Jacob Tuttle, Case RBI Double

Austin Johnson started for Hazard going 3 innings. Whitaker comes in and pitches the rest of the game taking the L.

Corey Thomas started for Estill going 5 innings, Jacob Tuttle comes in and pitches the rest of the game picking up the W.
Wow did not see this coming, as much as it saddens me to wish we could've done this last year...which we had almost the exact same team with the addition of 3 senior starters... I'm still proud of my 'Neers, don't wanna see powell in the state tourny so lets finish it up tomorrow guys.
Estill County does not get an earned run until the bottom of the 6th. Hazard commits 10 errors and shoots their self in the foot. Congrats to Estill for making the plays in the field. Good luck tomorrow against Powell.
^ Both teams shot there self's in the foot. Estill had a 6-1 lead going into the 6th no way should Hazard have gotten 5 runs to tie it but they did because Estill couldn't hold them, Hazard is a solid team. They will be solid for the next 4 or more years. Just so happen Estill scored 2 in the bottom half. It was a good game. My heart was pounding away. Talked with a few and they say that Estill will be a lot better next year then the past two years.

Baseballkid10 I bet big frank starts tomorrow for Powell. They've already pitched Hatmaker and Johnson and the only one they have left is Frank unless they let one of there younger one's pitch
Good Luck tomorrow. Hopefully the top of the 6th opened Estill's eyes and they won't make the same mistake tomorrow.
Thanks!!! Day or Adams will likely go for us
Dang, didnt expect to see EC win.

Congrats Neers.
Congrats Estill. Going to be a very good game between Powell and Estill.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Both teams shot there self's in the foot. Estill had a 6-1 lead going into the 6th no way should Hazard have gotten 5 runs to tie it but they did because Estill couldn't hold them, Hazard is a solid team. They will be solid for the next 4 or more years. Just so happen Estill scored 2 in the bottom half. It was a good game. My heart was pounding away. Talked with a few and they say that Estill will be a lot better next year then the past two years.

Baseballkid10 I bet big frank starts tomorrow for Powell. They've already pitched Hatmaker and Johnson and the only one they have left is Frank unless they let one of there younger one's pitch

I would say you are right woth frank starting, but they also still have trey. He has been great all year long. congradulations to estill. i think powell has more pitching left and they will pull it out.
Congrats to Estill and good luck...

Bulldogs are very disappointed. But our youth showed tonight. We'll be ok tho returning everyone with a GREAT middle school group coming in.
Way to go Estill, Playing good at the right time. Coach sparks has them ready to go Good luck tonight. Let's get number 3
Heck of a turnaround this season by Estill. Good luck in the Championship tonight.
ekff Wrote:Congrats to Estill and good luck...

Bulldogs are very disappointed. But our youth showed tonight. We'll be ok tho returning everyone with a GREAT middle school group coming in.

They will be good next year, but how many of those boys are hold backs? Not really fair to have 19 year olds playing against normal seniors.
PC Sports Wrote:They will be good next year, but how many of those boys are hold backs? Not really fair to have 19 year olds playing against normal seniors.

What, get real!!! 80% of student athletes in Eastern Kentucky are hold backs. and plus Hazard was starting 3 sometimes 4 8th graders this year. Only have 3 juniors on the team. And don't say FAIR, because it is FAIR because everyone has the chance to do it.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:56th district finals dejavue. Powell and Estill met last week in the district finals with Powell losing their first region game of the year to the Engineers by 8-2. Should be a good game.

District Finals rematch in the 14th Regional Finals:
2012- 56th *Powell - Estill
2011- 53rd *Letcher - Knott
2003- 54th Hazard - Leslie
2000- 56th Lee - Powell
1996- 54th *Perry - Hazard
1994- 54th Hazard - Dilce Combs
1991- 55th Knott - Breathitt
1990- 55th Knott - Breathitt
1989- 55th Knott - Breahtitt

*lost district finals, won regional championship