Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky All Stars Versus West Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know when this game is scheduled. And does anyone have a roster of the Kentucky players?

Thanks!
I don't know anything about this game, but, I remember a "Kiwanis Bowl" that used to be played in Williamson, WV back in the mid 1980's that had the Eastern Kentucky Allstars vs. the western West Virginia Allstars. Have they restarted that one?
The game was played last year. Many of the Kentucky players had been signed by U Pike....
Hatfield-McCoy Bowl ?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hatfield-McCoy Bowl ?

Thanks! I am fairly sure that that is the name of the game. It just wouldn't come to mind the other day.

Does anyone have a roster of the Eastern Kentucky players?
The game will be played at the new Mingo Central High School on July 28 at 7:30 PM. I doubt seriously that the squads have been named yet. Check the link........Miners network says they will cover the game.

http://www.facebook.com/minersportsnet#!...933346519/
The best WV team probably wouldn't survive in 3A or higher in Kentucky football.

Go EKY!!!
^ WV has a history of whipping up on the KY in this game
WV Frank Wrote:The game will be played at the new Mingo Central High School on July 28 at 7:30 PM. I doubt seriously that the squads have been named yet. Check the link........Miners network says they will cover the game.

http://www.facebook.com/minersportsnet#!...933346519/

Thanks for the information. I plan on being there!
HawksRule Wrote:^ WV has a history of whipping up on the KY in this game

Until last year you had 2nd string ky kids playing David Jones changed that hope he coaches them again this year it was a different story with quality players the good players didn't want to play in the Yogi Kinder Bowl.
Maybe some of you Pike County people could answer this....

How good is the mingo central team? have they ever played Belfry or Pike Central or any teams from KY on a regular basis? I would assume with it being so close to KY there might be a rivalry of some sort. Is a recently consolidated school? Just wondering seeing as to how nice their facilities are as well as how big.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Maybe some of you Pike County people could answer this....

How good is the mingo central team? have they ever played Belfry or Pike Central or any teams from KY on a regular basis? I would assume with it being so close to KY there might be a rivalry of some sort. Is a recently consolidated school? Just wondering seeing as to how nice their facilities are as well as how big.

One of there coaches is a great friend of mine he said they are going to be young this year that they would win two games at best they went 5 and 5 last year i went and watch them play on a Saturday last year and they didn't look very good and last year was there first year and no they didn't play any KY teams.
HawksRule Wrote:^ WV has a history of whipping up on the KY in this game

Even if so, it is still the best players in EKY against the entire state of West Virginia. With respect to EKY football that does produce some solid teams, it is considered the weaker side of the state compared to NKY, Louisville, and WKY. Ashland played against the #1 team in the biggest class in WV this year and lost by less than a touchdown. Ashland has an okay team that is usually in and out of the top ten in 5A and now 4A, but if you put #1 Trinity against the team they played...it would be a nightmare that ends with a running clock. WV football is very, very weak compared to Kentucky. I hope 99PirateFan is right and the EKY team gets their best players and shows why KY football is the best!!
^
Theres no doubt in my mind that if you put the best of the best in EKY on the same team they would wipe the floor.
^ I think combining the best players from JC, Ashland, and Belfry (the only 3 EKY teams I've seen in the last year lol) would be enough to handle WV...but I know there is some talent elsewhere in EKY, would be good to see all the best players on the team.
^
Your forgetting about adding the best players from Harlan County, Bell County, Whitley County, Perry County, Knox County, etc....

Theres a lot of good football out there....
^ I do agree. Every time I think of EKY I think of JC and Ashland and all those teams...I usually will mentally lump the teams you mentioned toward the schools toward central ky lol.
Need to keep it traditional; kids from Pike, Floyd, Martin, Johnson, Letcher, and Magoffin.

Also, keep those retarded Upike GA's from florida out of the Hatfield-McCoy Bowl.
WideRight05 Wrote:Even if so, it is still the best players in EKY against the entire state of West Virginia. With respect to EKY football that does produce some solid teams, it is considered the weaker side of the state compared to NKY, Louisville, and WKY. Ashland played against the #1 team in the biggest class in WV this year and lost by less than a touchdown. Ashland has an okay team that is usually in and out of the top ten in 5A and now 4A, but if you put #1 Trinity against the team they played...it would be a nightmare that ends with a running clock. WV football is very, very weak compared to Kentucky. I hope 99PirateFan is right and the EKY team gets their best players and shows why KY football is the best!!

Trinity is Number 1 for a reason they could put a running clock up on 90% of the teams in the Nation
So how is the EKY team picked? And who picks them? Is there a roster out yet?
Mingo Central has a new school and new top of the line Turf Field, real nice, is located on new section of rt 52 Coal field express way. I am working over that way and pass it every day...hour and 15 min. drive from Betsy Layne...
This is the best all-star game of them all, can't wait!
I haven't seen Mingo's field, but I hear it is nice!
Anybody got a roster.........
WideRight05 Wrote:Even if so, it is still the best players in EKY against the entire state of West Virginia. With respect to EKY football that does produce some solid teams, it is considered the weaker side of the state compared to NKY, Louisville, and WKY. Ashland played against the #1 team in the biggest class in WV this year and lost by less than a touchdown. Ashland has an okay team that is usually in and out of the top ten in 5A and now 4A, but if you put #1 Trinity against the team they played...it would be a nightmare that ends with a running clock. WV football is very, very weak compared to Kentucky. I hope 99PirateFan is right and the EKY team gets their best players and shows why KY football is the best!!

This isn't entirely accurate. The West Virginia team does NOT inckude players from across the entire state. For the most part, they come from Wayne, Mingo, Logan, Boone, and a few other southern counties. Teams north of Huntington rarely have anything to do with Kentucky. I will agree that Kentucky on average is better than West Virginia, but it also helps that Kentucky has quite a larger population and practically no restrictions at all compared to West Virginia.

Either way, this is usually a fun game to watch.
The new movie & publicity about the Hatfield & McCoy feud plus the new facilities is bound to draw a bigger crowd & more to the game. As an Alumni to the old Kiwanii's Sr. Bowl (Ky vs WVa) from Ky. I'm dismayed that nobody on here seems to know anything at all about the series & seem to not have a clue as to rosters or to who any of who might be any of the players. This seems very sad to me. I wonder if this has anything to do with Coach David Jones & Ky. pouring it on WVa last season? I think it is one of the greatest all-star games in the country!
Last years game was a joke. They had the Pikeville College coaching staff and the majority of their incoming freshmen coming in for the KY side.
It was no joke, it's official, Ky Whupped up big time on WVa! I hope UPike brings in its new recruits again if that is the case! I would still like to know if anybody knows who any of the players on either side might be? Seems nobody seems to care!
They need to re-name it the Yogi Kinder Bowl no one does really care anymore and it is a shame because this used to be a great game back in the 80's and 90's.
Pages: 1 2