Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central Baseball Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well with KCC season ending tonight, Who is going to be the coach next year? I just hope that they don't wait until the next school year to name one, especially one that don't really want it like last year, and waste the entire summer for the team again. Everyone knows that Cavaugh Trent is not going to be the AD next year, maybe for the grade schools but not for Knott Central. So I beg that they don't allow him to continue to coach, he was a great player, but a great coach that doesn't make. I wish that Gary Hammond's name was floating KCC more, but how can you have Cavaugh looking for a baseball coach, when he wants it? Doesn't make sense. So Mrs. King gives us Gary Hammonds or Jamie Couch or Trent Mullins or the middle school coach, anyone of them would be better that the others I have heard (Cavaugh, Combs, Cornett). We will see if Knott County Central lives by their slogan, that it is all about the KIDS.
Combs has said him and his wife don't wanna move from there home in Mt. Sterling and I don't see him taking the KCC Job and having to drive 3+ hours one way just to coach. I have heard that he may end up at Powell. I do know he's interviewed at Estill
Combs would be a great coach anywhere that is willing to work hard and learn the game. He knows it! He will move wherever he gets the best offer. As many hours as he puts in, he can not commute. He is all about the game and fundamentals. I know for a fact he has not interviewed ANYWHERE yet. Whoever gets him will get an A plus coach.
dkrude Wrote:Well with KCC season ending tonight, Who is going to be the coach next year? I just hope that they don't wait until the next school year to name one, especially one that don't really want it like last year, and waste the entire summer for the team again. Everyone knows that Cavaugh Trent is not going to be the AD next year, maybe for the grade schools but not for Knott Central. So I beg that they don't allow him to continue to coach, he was a great player, but a great coach that doesn't make. I wish that Gary Hammond's name was floating KCC more, but how can you have Cavaugh looking for a baseball coach, when he wants it? Doesn't make sense. So Mrs. King gives us Gary Hammonds or Jamie Couch or Trent Mullins or the middle school coach, anyone of them would be better that the others I have heard (Cavaugh, Combs, Cornett). We will see if Knott County Central lives by their slogan, that it is all about the KIDS.

1. Cavanaugh Trent does not want the baseball head coach position. He stepped up for the kids..

2. Cavanaugh Trent will be the AD for KCC next year.

You are.. :lame:
From my understanding by someone close to the Estill Program he did interview with Estill. Before the season was over he was suppose to have interviewed with Knott Central
1. Cavanaugh Trent does not want the baseball head coach position. He stepped up for the kids..

2. Cavanaugh Trent will be the AD for KCC next year.

Well since you seem to know all, please let me in on who is going to be coach,
Also words right out of Cavanaugh Trent's Mouth,"I am glad that they have finally realized that this position is too much, I am only going to be over the grade schools and Cordia." This has been known since basketball season, BB King will be over KCC next year. Cavanaugh has also let it be known that he is interested in the job if they can't land a big name coach.

:ChairHit:
No one knows who the next coach is going to be; I'm just telling you that Cavanaugh does not want it..

The "plan" is that he will be over the gradeschools and KCC next year...the "too much" came from being over two different high schools. Smile
Any word on the next coach there?
I have heard that Gene Combs has said Knott Central was out of the question because of the drive and that his kids would probably remain at Montgomery County.
Can anyone tell me why Danny Wood's name is never brought up for any of these coaching conversation? The man can flat out coach. He would be better off than where he is now, coaching with those two nuts at the Estill County Middle School. Anybody got any thoughts?:HitWall:
The reason why Coach Wood is Coaching Middle School is because of his Daughter. He stepped down at Estill so he could Coach his Daughter and I couldn't blame him for that. I don't know if Coach Wood would ever Coach Baseball again, at least not while his Daughter is playing for the Middle School and on a side note, I don't think Coach Wood would ever leave Estill
Scott Cornett
Scott Cornett will stay at Alice Lloyd where he needs to be. The man cant win dont matter where he is.
When will a decision be made? I thought Couch was coming back to coach.
Any school that lands this class act betters themselves .
^ He is a very good coach but he's already said No to Knott Central. Him and his wife and kids are staying in there home at Montgomery County, if he wants to be in the 14th region and live at Montgomery then the obvious choices are Powell, Estill or Wolfe. Maybe Lee or Owsley (which Coach Grove will be there until he doesn't won't it). I have also heard that his kids will remain in Montgomery County School System
Just heard today that Buzz Couch would be the new head baseball coach at Knott Central. Buzz is Jamies younger brother. Also heard he was bringing in Feller Back and Rick Wooton to help him next year. This will put Knott at the top where they should be with these 3 masterminds at work.
What now? Why the hold up? Whose gonna coach next season?
Knott County needs to strongly look at a fresh approach to the program. Many times, history repeats itself. I would suggest hiring someone that does not have kids and/or family coming up through the system. Otherwise, too many options are opening up for kids to play the game in the surrounding area.
Thats ideal for any program, but not really sure who you are refering to, on that last comment, i dont recall any of the previous coaches having family in the system or on their teams.
warmachine Wrote:Just heard today that Buzz Couch would be the new head baseball coach at Knott Central. Buzz is Jamies younger brother. Also heard he was bringing in Feller Back and Rick Wooton to help him next year. This will put Knott at the top where they should be with these 3 masterminds at work.
:notworthy
This is a dangerious tandom of Back and Wooton could be hard to beat.
What happen to the middle school coach (can't remember his name) or oatie McGee? Why have there names not been floating around? I think Cavaugh Trent may have to step up again.