Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville fans!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know about you guys but lately i have been thinking. This Tiger team really pissed me off. I mean they couldn't be beat in the Hoops Classic, beating seneca and APOLLO. but then they lose to people like East Ridge, Harlin and Betsy Layne and eventually Valley. This year was their best shot to get another sate title with the state tourney's feild being the weakest that i have ever seen it. I mean they beat Apollo by like 7 or 8 and Apollo made it to the state title game, losing by 12. I don't know about you other guys but me being a die-hard PHS fan, i get really mad at this team for literally pissing away one og the best chances that they may have for a while, because next year every other team in the state will be better and hungry. Paintsville really needs to clean up their problems and get back on track. I remember a couple years ago with Ryan Jarell, Afam Collins, Shane Simpkins, Stu Rutledge, and Adam Rice. They were a good team, not beacuse they had talent or any of that stuff. But they were best freinds off the court. They were always together and it was the best group of seniors i have ever seen. This next couple years for the Tigers will be rough if they can't leave their differences off the court.
PEACE
Any thought??
The_Sheriff Wrote:I don't know about you guys but lately i have been thinking. This Tiger team really pissed me off. I mean they couldn't be beat in the Hoops Classic, beating seneca and APOLLO. but then they lose to people like East Ridge, Harlin and Betsy Layne and eventually Valley. This year was their best shot to get another sate title with the state tourney's feild being the weakest that i have ever seen it. I mean they beat Apollo by like 7 or 8 and Apollo made it to the state title game, losing by 12. I don't know about you other guys but me being a die-hard PHS fan, i get really mad at this team for literally pissing away one og the best chances that they may have for a while, because next year every other team in the state will be better and hungry. Paintsville really needs to clean up their problems and get back on track. I remember a couple years ago with Ryan Jarell, Afam Collins, Shane Simpkins, Stu Rutledge, and Adam Rice. They were a good team, not beacuse they had talent or any of that stuff. But they were best freinds off the court. They were always together and it was the best group of seniors i have ever seen. This next couple years for the Tigers will be rough if they can't leave their differences off the court.
PEACE
Any thought??

DING DING DING!!!! We have a post I can whole heartly agree with !!!
Yea and when you cant step away from your home court and get the calls it makes it even more important to play team ball and to get along with your team mates
Yeah, Paintsville has some pretty good talent.... but not enough talent to just show up and win. I think that Paintsville had it in their head that the 15th region was their's to lose, and they did exactly that... Until they realize that they have to show up every day, in games and in practice, they will never be as successful as they have the chance to be. I would much rather have a less talented team that plays hard and plays well together, than to have a team like Paintsville!
man u stated exactly how i felt about this years team. slone and company need some togetherness no more fighting. bmr needs take them on a fishing trip or somthing or barow tubbys head shrink.
You don't have to be friends to win..........the 96 team and the 98 team were not all warm and fuzzy with one another, but they won. The only thing you need to make team chemistry is respect and attitudes.

The 96 team gets along better now than they did 10 years ago, only because they are older and wiser and they can look back and see what they accomplished. They began to respected each other on a cold February evening in 1996, but only after getting their butts kicked a few times.

The 98 team had fights in motel rooms, players that couldn't find a nice word to say about another, but they put all that behind them when they took the court, they had a common thread, they wanted to win.

The 95, 96, 97 and 98 teams compare to this past team because they all had that swagger about themselves, but the comparision ends there.
But you have to play hard also and that is something that this past year's Tiger team did not always do...
A new year and a fresh start. I'll be surprised if things do not improve.
Paintsville may have beaten Apollo early in the year, but that doesn't mean they would have won state.
blackcat Wrote:Paintsville may have beaten Apollo early in the year, but that doesn't mean they would have won state.
True, but it does show that they could compete with the best when they are on their game.
2000PHS Wrote:True, but it does show that they could compete with the best when they are on their game.

Or it could have just as easily shown that Apollo played a very bad game or improved drastically over the season. There are just too many things that happen over a course of a season that you can't compare a game early in the season to one late in the season.
Man, every weighted team in the 15th that should have won didnt. It's all about who's hot at the right time and who's not. Shrinks could make a difference. But how many teams could afford something like that. Paintsville blew it just like Pike Central and P'Burg. They just didnt play the game that got em there.
Never fear, Ol'BMR will have the ship righted in time for the roundball to hit the wood. Great things from the Tighers will happen next year. Maybe the elusive State Title that is seems that everyone all but has annointed them with. :rockon:
OldAndDecrepit Wrote:Never fear, Ol'BMR will have the ship righted in time for the roundball to hit the wood.

Then why wasn't that the case this past season??? BMR has the best talent in the region, but failed to get the most out of it...
Hopefullly Paintsville will concentrate to what they have to do on the court and play the game and win and be successful and put all of the off-the-court stuff behind them and not pay attention to all this crap said on here about them. Just avoid the negativity guys and start getting ready for next season!
They just showed the importance of playing well at the end of the season as opposed to the beginning. I know they will do better next year because BMR will be more focused.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Or it could have just as easily shown that Apollo played a very bad game or improved drastically over the season. There are just too many things that happen over a course of a season that you can't compare a game early in the season to one late in the season.

What I was thinking. That game was very early in the year.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Or it could have just as easily shown that Apollo played a very bad game or improved drastically over the season. There are just too many things that happen over a course of a season that you can't compare a game early in the season to one late in the season.

OR it could have shown just what type of talent PHS has. It could be either way, I just like my positive spin a little better.
The big difference in this Paintsville team and Tiger teams of the past is they don't have a dominant presence inside. BMR as good as is has never won a regional without a dominant inside presence. This Paintsville team is good, but they are small. They may very well win it all (15th Region) next year, but they are not, and will not be, a dominant basketball team. There will be at least five or six other teams capable of beating Paintsville next year. Either way I don't think compete for a state title.
The_Sheriff Wrote:I remember a couple years ago with Ryan Jarell, Adam Collins, Shane Simpkins, Stu Rutledge, and Adam Rice. They were a good team, not beacuse they had talent or any of that stuff. But they were best freinds off the court. They were always together and it was the best group of seniors i have ever seen. This next couple years for the Tigers will be rough if they can't leave their differences off the court.
PEACE
Any thought??

Couldn't have said it better. We all loved eachother like brothers and still do to this day. Shane's mom use to fix us spagetti dinners once a week at there house, after we ate we headed downstairs and played pool, ping-pong, poker, xbox, etc. Noone cared about points and all that bs, shoot most of the time all of us hit double figures, it was NEVER about one person, hell I probably led the team in assists from the post, lol. These boys are gonna have to find some togetherness if they wanna succeed and fullfill their dreams.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Couldn't have said it better. We all loved eachother like brothers and still do to this day. Shane's mom use to fix us spagetti dinners once a week at there house, after we ate we headed downstairs and played pool, ping-pong, poker, xbox, etc. Noone cared about points and all that bs, shoot most of the time all of us hit double figures, it was NEVER about one person, hell I probably led the team in assists from the post, lol. These boys are gonna have to find some togetherness if they wanna succeed and fullfill their dreams.

I used to think your team was one of BMR best coaching jobs. I remember thinking they are playing out their a$$, but by the end of the year, all any one could say was - You KICKED A$$!:rockon: BMR is still a good coach though!:wave:
I agree with the fact that there wasn't much of an inside presence for Paintsville this year. Paintsville had talent that could have taken them pretty far this year but other things got in the way- egos and inner fighting.

A team will always have inner turmoil but its how it is handled and what they learn from it that matters. For this group of boys, its obvioulsy not done much. But who knows maybe next year will be better.

I just wish these boys would learn that winning takes more than just one or two players scoring and rebounding and getting their names in the paper.