Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Alltime Players In NBA History By Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear it. In your opinion best players by position:

1 Guard: Stockton
2 Guard: Jordan
P FWd: C.Malone
S Fwd: Bird
Center: Russel
6 Th Man: Havlacheck
Like your list with one substitution:

1 Guard: Magic Johnson
P Fwd: C. Malone
Center: Russell
6Th Man: Havlechek

:Thumbs:
I think you gotta throw in Wilt and Abdul-Jabar somewhere, with Bird, Magic, and Jordan
How about DR. J and Isiah Thomas??
Mark Price-pg
Rex Chapman-sg
Tim Legler-sf
Frank Brickowski-pf
Will Perdue-c
magic johnson-pg
micheal jordan-sg
julius erving-sf
larry bird-pf
wilt chamberlain-c
6th man- kareem abdul jabar
7th man- isiah thomas
This is an impossible thread. Nobody has ever seen all of the greats play and it is impossible to judge the days of Wilt and other elder great players to todays game because the game has evolved so much. Wilt could not dominate the way he did in his prime now, and the same could be said about other great players. If I was picking the five most dominate of thier time it would look something like:

*PG: Magic Johnson- Nobody has ever ran the show any better than Magic. He was a winner at every level and had unshakable confidence. Besides how do you guard a 6'8 PG?

*SG: Micheal Jordan: What is there to say that hasn't been said. He revolutionized the game. He is the greatest player to ever pick up a basketball in the NBA to date.

SF: Larry Bird- Larry was maybe the least athletic player ever to lace up a pair of shoes, but he could play like no other. He had a nasty attitude and would step over your dead body to get the WIN. He is definatley on my list.

PF: Tim Duncan- WHAT????? How did he make the list? In a day in age where athletes run wild in the NBA and a walk is no where to be found Duncan has become one of the NBA's elite players by being basic and steady. He also has 3 rings in 9 seasons. That is 1 every 3 years. That is pretty impressive to me he gets the nod.

C: Wilt Chamberlin- Wilt the Stilt was the most dominat player of his time or possibly any time (case could be made for Shaq & MJ). He scored 100 points in a single game. Definatley has to be on my list even tho I don't care much for him personally.
C- Bill Russel
PF- Larry Bird
SF- Julius Erving
SG- Michael Jordan
PG- Magic Johnson
C- Shaquille O'Neal
PF-Julious Erving(Dr J)
SF-Larry Bird
SG- Michael Jordon
PG- Magic Johnson
This is my alltime greatest team, I couldn't just name 5 players. So I'm going with the golden oldies

Point Guards - Magic, Bob Cousy and John Stockton
Shooting Guards - Jerry West, Oscar Robertson and Jordan
Small Fowards - Dr. J, Larry Bird
Power Forward - Moses Malone, Elgin Baylor and Wes Unseld
Centers - Wilt Chamberlin, Kareem and Shaq.
1 Guard: Magic Johnson
P FWd: Dr. J
Center: Shaq
6 Th Man: The Worm
PG-"Pistol" Pete Maravich
SG-Michael Jordan
C-Bill Russell
PF-Larry Bird (He could play the Power Forward position because of his length and size so thats who I chose)
SF-Dominique Wilkins
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Mark Price-pg
Rex Chapman-sg
Tim Legler-sf
Frank Brickowski-pf
Will Perdue-c

are you serious??