Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Baseball Tournament:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
13th Region Baseball Tournament:

10 am: Barbourville vs. Clay County
1 pm: South Laurel vs. Harlan County
4 pm: Middlesboro vs. Knox Central
7 pm: North Laurel vs. Corbin

Can Harlan County knock off the home team? Can Vorbeck stop North in the first round? Is this the year Barbourville gets by Clay County? Will Middlesboro win in five?
Alot of good games will be taking place Monday at South Laurel. In my opinion the best first round game to watch would be South Laurel and Harlan County or Corbin and North Laurel. When I look at these I ask myself like catscards stated, Can Barbourville finally beat Clay Co, or will Vorbeck be on his game and take down the Jaguars, there's alot of questions I ask myself but here how I see it.

Barbourville vs. Clay County - Even though Clay co should be heavily favored and win, Banfield could pull an upset, but I'm going to pick Clay Co moving on to the semi-finals.

South Laurel vs. Harlan County - I think this will be a great game to start off the tourney. Two solid teams squaring up. Question is, does HC put it together and play to their potential? I'm picking Harlan County to square up with Clay in the semi-finals.

Middlesboro vs. Knox Central - I have a feeling this will be a one sided affair. But it's the postseason and things can happen. I'm picking M'boro to go to the semi-finals.

Corbin vs. North laurel - this isn't a game that NL can just walk right by on. If Vorbeck is on his game and Corbin is clicking NL could very well go home. But I'm picking North laurel to advance.
catscards Wrote:13th Region Baseball Tournament:

10 am: Barbourville vs. Clay County
1 pm: South Laurel vs. Harlan County
4 pm: Middlesboro vs. Knox Central
7 pm: North Laurel vs. Corbin

Can Harlan County knock off the home team? Can Vorbeck stop North in the first round? Is this the year Barbourville gets by Clay County? Will Middlesboro win in five?

1. Yes
2.Yes
3.No
4.No

:biglmao:
WYMT SportsOT ‏@SportsOT

RT @mbateswymt 13th Region baseball tournament: Clay Co defeats Barbourville 10-2
WYMT SportsOT ‏@SportsOT

RT @mbateswymt 13th Region Baseball Tournament: South Laurel defeats Harlan Co 5-4.
WYMT SportsOT ‏@SportsOT

RT @mbateswymt 13th Region baseball tournament: North Laurel defeats Corbin 2-1
WYMT SportsOT ‏@SportsOT

RT “@mbateswymt: 13th Region Baseball Tournament: Middlesboro defeats Knox Central 6-2
Semi-Finals are now set:

5 PM Clay County at South Laurel
8 PM Middlesboro vs North Laurel

Will the home field be enough for South to knock off the two time defending champs?

Can the Yellow Jackets knock the Jags out?
catscards Wrote:Semi-Finals are now set:

5 PM Clay County at South Laurel
8 PM Middlesboro vs North Laurel

Will the home field be enough for South to knock off the two time defending champs?

Can the Yellow Jackets knock the Jags out?

1. yes
2. yes
South/North Final
SportsOT profile

SportsOT The 13th Region Baseball and softball games have been cancelled. Will continue play Wednesday(tomorrow).
WYMT SportsOT ‏@SportsOT

RT @mbateswymt: 13th Region Baseball Semifinals: South Laurel defeats Clay Co 6-3. There will be a new champion.
SportsOT profile

SportsOT RT @mbateswymt: 13th Region Baseball Semifinals: Middlesboro defeats North Laurel 11-5. Advances to play S. Laurel tomorrow night.
The defending champ is gone.... The favorite is gone....

Middlesboro vs South Laurel - who wins?
This is a hard one to pick. They put a beating on each other in the 2 regular season games, so who knows. South is at home, so I guess thats some what of an advantage. But wow!! What can be said about the very, very, questionable call by NL's coach to start what is about the 4th starter to try and save your #1 and #2 pitcher for the championship game. Just absolutely crazy in my opinion. I guess they'll be fresh for next year. They might want to rethink that 13th region coach of the year award too.
South.
Congrats to Middlesboro for knocking off the overrated NL, way to represent the 52nd Didtrict. It should be a 52nd District Championship rematch in the final today! The Black Bears should be there with you!
South
Any updates on the finals?
South wins 8-2, anchored by two, 2-run hr's by 13th region tournament mvp Steve Simpson and Trey Martin.
Forgot. They will play the winner between Ashland-Boyd, Tuesday at 6:00.
Good Luck to the Cardinals in Lexington......
Rooting for the 13th region for sure, since the rest of us is out what does the 2013 region 13 looks like.
Harlan County, Barbourville, North and Middlesboro will need to reload

Clay County will need to find a couple of pitchers

Overall Corbin should be better, but can they replace Vorbeck?

Bell County and Knox Central have to be better

If anyone can figure out Whitley County they deserve a medal

South will be the heavy favorite
Dont know alot about other teams but I know Middlesboro loses 7 seniors but have some good looking youth coming but Harlan County loses 3 seniors that was playing at the end of the season a total of 4 with one being out since spring break. HC loses no pitching which goes 7 or so deep. The HC team will have to get in the cage and be consistant contact hitters and this team could be dangerous. Good luck to all the teams in the 13th.
I dont see south being a heavy favorite but it will be interesting to see dont know exactly what they lose but I know with Bond, Boggs, Bailey, Leisge and Cornett that is a good starting 5 and with 8th grader Sizemore going to push for more innings it could be interesting if HC starts to hit more.
catscards Wrote:Harlan County, Barbourville, North and Middlesboro will need to reload

LoL. #5 is classic.... I've said the same thing for years. Dont know why Whitley doesnt compete for the top spot every year, in every sport. But the top 3 will be #1.South Laurel- They bring back a ton of talent and only lose one senior that will affect them too much. #2A. Would be Harlan. #2B. Would be North Laurel-They will still be good next year, but if this coach couldnt get it done with this team this year, I dont have too high of hopes for next year.
Well HC played South twice this year and both games was very good games and hope they can play a few times during the season next year this will help both teams come region time. Not for sure what North Loss but getting smacked by Midd was not a big surprise because Midd. could hit the ball but thought North would also.
South Laurel is definitely the favorite.
Harlan County brings back six starters though and all its pitching. The offense needs to improve and depth is an issue. Too many good baseball players are just playing basketball or football instead of two sports.
catscards Wrote:Harlan County, Barbourville, North and Middlesboro will need to reload

I dont really know how you can say HC needs to reload? The Bears lose only 3 seniors from the team that competed very well in the District and Regional tournaments and return all of an excellent pitching staff. It will be very important for the Black Bears to improve their strength of schedule GREATLY, hit the weights hard in the off season and become overall a better hitting team and they will be just as strong or stronger than SL IMO
Pages: 1 2