Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (11)George Mason vs. (3)Florida (Final Four)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the gmu run ends against Florida ! Flordia is playing great ball right now and so is GMU but I think the gators will pay close attention to game film on GMU and the gators will prevail!

FLA--82
GMU-79
Man, its hard for me to pick GMU because of their name, but i have watched them play through this tourny and Laranagga has turned me into a believer. GMU will be in the National Championship game.
corndog23 Wrote:Man, its hard for me to pick GMU because of their name, but i have watched them play through this tourny and Laranagga has turned me into a believer. GMU will be in the National Championship game.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one corndog. The dream comes to an end this Saturday at the hands of Florida.

:ChairHit:
You know, I of course will go for Florida because of Donovan and the S.E.C. but it is hard to root against a story like George Mason..I just think Florida is too much, of course G.M. has proved us wrong for 4 straight games!
corndog23 Wrote:Man, its hard for me to pick GMU because of their name, but i have watched them play through this tourny and Laranagga has turned me into a believer. GMU will be in the National Championship game.

I would love to see it. :letsparty Quite possible too. Florida better not GM lightly.
Florida wins but then again a team like GM will pull it off someday so why not make someday SATURDAY. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH
If the Gators don't put GM away early , then it will be a war at the end. Both teams have quite some time to prepare. If they would win the national championship, I would like to see Cinderella win. :Thumbs:
George Mason baby!
I hope George Mason wins
Florida WILL DRILL George Mason! DRILL!!!! I am seeing like 86-67
Florida has inside and outside game. Gators by 12.
Hopefully George Mason will keep the dream alive.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one corndog. The dream comes to an end this Saturday at the hands of Florida.

:ChairHit:
Many people thought that GMU's "Dream" would come to an end in the first round against MSU or if not there then for sure in the second round against defending National Champs UNC. So called "Luck" be it that you can make it past those two teams then beat Wichita St (Who beat a good Tennessee team). No question to it tough, Playing the #1 team in the nation in UCONN, this will be a blowout hands down! Hmmm, seems GMU found a way to pull that one out too!

I think the point that I am trying to make is that it is no longer a "Dream" IMO. Maybe the selection committee knows something about the mid-majors that we don't. Looks to me as if GMU us a GOOD team and not just a push over as many hoped :thumpsup:
Statmaster Wrote:Florida has inside and outside game. Gators by 12.

I guess you didnt see the UCONN game...so does GMU.Rolleyes
Beef Wrote:Many people thought that GMU's "Dream" would come to an end in the first round against MSU or if not there then for sure in the second round against defending National Champs UNC. So called "Luck" be it that you can make it past those two teams then beat Wichita St (Who beat a good Tennessee team). No question to it tough, Playing the #1 team in the nation in UCONN, this will be a blowout hands down! Hmmm, seems GMU found a way to pull that one out too!

I think the point that I am trying to make is that it is no longer a "Dream" IMO. Maybe the selection committee knows something about the mid-majors that we don't. Looks to me as if GMU us a GOOD team and not just a push over as many hoped :thumpsup:

They have completed a great deal of the dream, but the main goal and finalization of the dream will be a National Championship. I don't see it happening. I will eat my words if it does.

:igiveup:
Florida
I think GM has been the story of the tournament and turned many non-believers, but I'm afraid their magic will run out. I think Flordia is a better basketball team top to bottom and Billy the Kid has them playing well at the right time. I have been proven wrong by GM numerous times this post season so hopefully they can do it once more, but I'm afraid this is Flordia's game to lose.
Is florida so much better than UCONN????? GMU took uconn into ot to win, but they still won.. i just don't see how if GMU is on top of their game the way they have been that they won't beat FL..

Go George Mason....woot
This could be a blow out if GM doesn't show up to play. Hope they do. This could be the best "Final Six Minus Two" in a long time. :Thumbs:
Everybody said George Mason was going to get beat by teams better than Florida earlier in the tourney, and they keep proving people wrong. I'll take GM
I'll take Florida in this matchup because of the way their defense is playing
Statmaster Wrote:Florida has inside and outside game. Gators by 12.

UCONN had a inside outside game also !
I hope GMU wins.....

But IMO the clock strikes midnight for Cinderella this saturday against the Gators.
George Mason
Gmu-67
Fla- 62
George Mason by 5
George Mason by 8
Florida- 73

GMU- 67