Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 3. Harlan Co. 2 (52nd district championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Middlesboro came out and took care of business as sophomore Lucas Crawford shut down HC for the 2nd time this season. HC threw both aces in Bond and Boggs but in the end, Middlesboro was just able to produce more offense.

Coach Powell did a tremendous job with this team.

What probably hurts TE most for HC faithful is that Boggs was at the plate with the tying run on 2nd for the last AB of the game and couldn't get it done.

Now maybe the HC fans can come back down to reality. Haha
You know, there are 2 ways to win...............with class or like an ass. You sir are the latter. It was a great game, why can't you leave it at that instead of trying to call out particular kids. I for one, would take Boggs at the plate in that situation anytime. If you can sit there and tell me that your butt didn't leave a pucker in the bleachers when Boggs was at the plate, you sir are a LIAR! With that said, congrats to Middlesboro and good luck in the regional tournament.
An HC person is going to preach to me about class? haha

Let's talk about class. Roping off the seats behind the plate so that "HC Fans Only" can sit there is not only illegal for post-season play, but is classless.

When Nick Capps got up to bat in the bottom of the 6th and an HC fan yells "hit him", that's some real class.

Spare me the class speech.

I will say this, there are a few players on HC that I would want on MHS any day, Fields for one. Maybe even Bond. Not because they are so talented but because they play with dignity. The same can't be said for the rest. Never in my life have I seen a kids go hitless and make costly errors and still have the stupidity/arrogance to talk trash to the MHS dugout after their defense makes a 3rd out.

After all that preseason talk from you HC people about how you were supposed favorite to win region because you "return everyone and have the strongest pitching staff" I think the MHS people deserve to talk a little trash.
Your big time staff didn't get it done. Boggs went hitless. Fields went hitless. Dixon went hitless. Bailey went hitless. Talk experience all you want, that doesn't trump talent.

That #14 for Middlesboro, he's a freshman. He's never started in the field and has been the DH about 5 or 6 times this season.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:An HC person is going to preach to me about class? haha

Let's talk about class. Roping off the seats behind the plate so that "HC Fans Only" can sit there is not only illegal for post-season play, but is classless.

When Nick Capps got up to bat in the bottom of the 6th and an HC fan yells "hit him", that's some real class.

Spare me the class speech.

I will say this, there are a few players on HC that I would want on MHS any day, Fields for one. Maybe even Bond. Not because they are so talented but because they play with dignity. The same can't be said for the rest. Never in my life have I seen a kids go hitless and make costly errors and still have the stupidity/arrogance to talk trash to the MHS dugout after their defense makes a 3rd out.

After all that preseason talk from you HC people about how you were supposed favorite to win region because you "return everyone and have the strongest pitching staff" I think the MHS people deserve to talk a little trash.
Your big time staff didn't get it done. Boggs went hitless. Fields went hitless. Dixon went hitless. Bailey went hitless. Talk experience all you want, that doesn't trump talent.

That #14 for Middlesboro, he's a freshman. He's never started in the field and has been the DH about 5 or 6 times this season.
The more you talk the more you show how classless you really are!!!
There goes that class talk again coming from a Harlan County fan. Get out of here with that mess. It doesn't mean anything to you until your team loses and you talk about class to keep the other team from celebrating.

Question: Is reserved seating available for region play?
Talking about "classless", what about your little asst. coach trash talking all the time ? I agree with the comment about the HC fan yelling "hit him". Grown people should not yell like that towards kids in any fashion no matter who they are for. By the way, you need to get your stats right, Fields had a hit.
All I know is if Bell County had a little bit of defense, you guys wouldn't have been in the championship. I for one am the more mature adult here and will say good game to the jackets, we just didn't adjust. And about Yoakum, it's sad that a Freshman got more hits than your three key seniors combined. its not like either team hit the ball hard, I would say if Boggs started you guys might have scored a run. And your team, more talented than ours, you are sadly mistaken.
This is a good rival and it was a good game but when you start naming young men in your post that is a sad thing, Bailey is a soph not a senior. Like you said there are about 2 HC players you would have, well that means you dont have a clue what kind of kids are on the HC squad. I could sit and say stuff that the Midd. kids did but I wont because they are kids and they was having fun just like the HC kids was. I said last night that I would root for Middlesboro at the region because they are in the same District and live close and that is just how I am I will always root for the kids that are close to home.
All trash talking aside, I do expect HC to make some noise in region. How big would rivalry get if MHS and HC met in the regional finals. Oh boy.
Dont forget that you might meet HC in the region again........