Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Voted Today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be a peaceful change of pace lol.

Simple, did you go out and vote today?

Today was my first time voting, feel good about it!
I did not and ill tell you why.
Here in Whitley County, there wer eonly 3 races.
One of them was the presidential, for which Romney has already taken.
Secondly, a county attorneys race that has been decided since it began.
And third was a state rep case that had also been decided before it started.
And either way, i didnt like any of the candidates in the local races, so it didnt effect me anyways.
However i did find it funny that in Knox, Laurel and Whitley Counties, that on the democratic side of things there was also as much "uncommitteds" as there were votes for Obama.
I did
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I did not and ill tell you why.
Here in Whitley County, there wer eonly 3 races.
One of them was the presidential, for which Romney has already taken.
Secondly, a county attorneys race that has been decided since it began.
And third was a state rep case that had also been decided before it started.
And either way, i didnt like any of the candidates in the local races, so it didnt effect me anyways.
However i did find it funny that in Knox, Laurel and Whitley Counties, that on the democratic side of things there was also as much "uncommitteds" as there were votes for Obama.
Pike County was 65% Uncommitted, 35% Obama. With about 65% precincts reporting.

Then again Pike County is home to the dumbest individuals alive. The whole freaking County is Republican, they just don't know it. The oxymoron of a "Conservative Democrat." Seriously, I have no clue why 75% of the registered democrats are registered as democrats.
^They are probably "Blue Dog Democrats" like me. (Social Conservative, Economically Liberal)
LWC Wrote:^They are probably "Blue Dog Democrats" like me. (Social Conservative, Economically Liberal)
Fair enough, but knowing a few personally, they are sometimes the opposite or conservative on both. It is almost like to live in Pike County you are a democrat, then in the general election you see a shift towards more voting Republican. 2004 52% Kerry, 48% Bush. 2008 57% McCain 43% Obama.

I have been told by a few of my friends that had parents that moved in to the area years ago that it would a lot easier on them to get a job here if they were registered democrat.

Then you do have a lot of hardcore social conservatives that love their checks at the first of the month.

It is a nice mixture haha :biggrin:
I did but not real happy with the outcome in the 4th congressional district
In the last 4 elections(including this one) a majority of the moochers and check drawers in Eastern Kentucky have been voting Republican. How ironic.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:In the last 4 elections(including this one) a majority of the moochers and check drawers in Eastern Kentucky have been voting Republican. How ironic.
Yes it is ironic, if true. Democrats are definitely the party of government dependency. I can't think of any good reason for career moochers/looters to not vote for a Democrats and I can't think of any good reason for working people to vote for them.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:In the last 4 elections(including this one) a majority of the moochers and check drawers in Eastern Kentucky have been voting Republican. How ironic.

That's an idiotic statement, even for you.
The real question is, Are they voting against who God appointed, and will they be judged, as posted in the other thread?
jetpilot Wrote:That's an idiotic statement, even for you.

Actually it should have been three as it started changing during the Bush-Kerry election. In Eastern Kentucky, there are as many Republican counties as there are Democrat and they always go Republican in the presidential election. In the last few elections the historically Democratic counties have also been going Republican. If there are as many check drawers and moochers as everyone states, then they are a substantial amount of the voting block. Most people in Eastern Kentucky register in whatever party their family belongs in. Go talk to about anyone who mooches off the government in Eastern Kentucky no matter if they are Democrat or Republican and they will tell you they "aint votin for no F@#%in N-word". Using a word that was utilized by the religious leader in North Carolina, they will also tell you they were " Agint him the last election and they are agint him in this one also". As far as the idiotic statement, it would have bothered me if I respected your opinion, but spoiled rich brats from Pikeville are not high on my respectibility list.