Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 6 - Jenkins 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
What a surprise the Cavs falling to the lesser of the two Harlan teams. I was down to see them face Shelby valley today and got to see a awesome pitching performance by the lady Cavs number two pitcher , wonder what coach Charles will do during the district in the pitching department since her number one struggled badly against a very weak Harlan team . I know Jenkins is probly the favorite to win the district but they seem to be struggling as of late. Against some very week teams GOTTA WONDER what's going wrong with the usually solid Cavs.
Harlan played a good game and Jenkins defense committed 5 errors, and the pitcher did not have her best game and had some walks. Just like today Shelby Valley committed 7 errors or more, and usually that can make a huge difference in the game. Jenkins has won 6 out of the last 7 games and I thought softball was a team sport and not about one girl. The "number 1" as you say has 19 wins this season.
The game I watched had the Cavs hitting the ball extremely hard against shelby vally and teams usually have trouble with that and I watched a pitcher keep the hitters so off balance they didn't have a chance to get anything going. YES it's a team sport but the pitcher can set the tone of any game and what I saw at sv was a pitcher take control of the game and shut down an offence. I travel a lot and have seen a lot of softball and there is nothing better than watching a pitcher pick hitters apart and dominate a game . Most every team has pitchers labeled 1 and 2 maybe Evan 3 depending on how many they have I understand the girl I watched was there number 2 and a lot of coaches will rotate them around depending on who's hot .
Your comments posted earlier were negative and trying to make a competition within a team, when these girls are working toward the same goal. Both girls are good players surrounded by a very good TEAM!
Sorry if I hurt your feeling sportsman but all I said is I saw some good pitching by one of the Cavs pitcher witch just happened to be coach Charles number 2 and asked the question wounded what coach Charles would do with distric right around the corner and her number one struggling. I didn't see the Harlan game but I was told by some that did the number 1 had a pretty bad game. Turn on the tv and watch the current super regionals and you will see coaches not pitching there number 1 becuase they are struggling and the coaches going with there number 2 and 3 pitchers its all part of the game if your team is fortunate to have good 2nd and 3 rd pitchers im not saying the Cavs number 1 can't pitch I'm saying it's good for them to have choices
I wouldn't worry about what coach Charles will do. She is the best coach in the 14th. What she and her coaching staff does with the young ladies in Jenkins is amazing. She will play the girls that give her the best chance of winning on that day.
Sportsfan nothing negative fastpitch just giving there point of view. I cant say i agree but everyone has there opinion. Im all for competition amongst the team. It make these young ladies work to get better. It makes teamates push each other to get better. When a coach stops competition then there team will not grow and get better.