Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region---Who Wins It?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know didtricts are getting ready to begin, but let's jump ahead to the regional play.

What's everyone's opinion? 3 teams have excellent win-loss records in the 14th, and it would appear the champion will come from one of those teams:

Powell County is 26-10 and 13-0 in the region.
Hazard is 24-12 and 8-0.
Letcher Central is 23-11 and 13-2.

I'm pulling for Letcher Central because their coach is from my county, but they are very young this year and their best teams may be the next two years.
Powell and Hazard didn't play during the season so it's kind of difficult to get an idea who has the better team. My guess would be Powell. I know they play quite a few Bluegrass area teams due to their close location to those schools. There's some pretty good competition on their schedule. That may give them a slight edge.

So, I'm predicting Powell County, but it's just a hunch. I haven't followed the season except on the KHSAA scoreboard, and that's not like getting out and seeing the games.
Powell, Letcher or Hazard and my pick is Hazard! Could come down to them and Letcher!
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell, Letcher or Hazard and my pick is Hazard! Could come down to them and Letcher!

So, Powell County's 13-0 region won-loss record doesn't impress you enough to have them in the championship game? They've already defeated Letcher once.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:So, Powell County's 13-0 region won-loss record doesn't impress you enough to have them in the championship game? They've already defeated Letcher once.

It does. They are a very good team and will be a dangerous team come Tourney time but remember last year? They were one of the top teams in Region. They were 15-0 in Region heading into the District Tournament and look what happened. They did defeat Letcher Central 4-2. Hazard defeated Letcher Central 17-0
I think hazard will,im with you on this one
Where is the regional tournament?
Wolfe County

Distance (Miles) to Wolfe County from other Region Team's High School (ABC Order)

Breathitt County - 24 Mins, 19.1 Miles

Buckhorn - 58 Mins, 42.8 Miles

Cordia - 1 Hour, 13 Mins, 56.2 Miles

Estill County - 42 Mins, 39.1 Miles

Hazard - 1 Hour 4 Mins, 50.7 Miles

Jackson City - 26 Mins, 19.2 Miles

Jenkins - 2 Hours, 1 Minute, 103 Miles

Knott County Central - 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 65 Miles

Lee County - 30 Mins, 20 Miles

Leslie County - 1 Hour 23 Mins, 67 Miles

Letcher County Central - 1 Hour 43 Mins, 80.5 Miles

Owsley County - 51 Mins, 34.2 Miles

Perry County Central - 1 Hour, 47.2 Miles

Powell County - 26 Mins, 22.7 Miles
The key will be the draw. Two of these three teams will be in the same bracket. Pitching match ups due to the draw will be the biggest factor as to who wins.
I'm picking Hazard.