Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Belfry ever be able to compete with the big boys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it seems like central or somebody they play deep in the playoffs causes them go choke every year. Should they start playing a tougher regular season schedule? Ashland and JC just won't cut it.
I wouldn't really call it choking.
I think making it to the state championship is consider competing with the big boys!
^ I thought that as well.
Well I guess if you consider making deep playoff runs then getting your butt handed to you every year competing with the big boys, belfry does compete with the big boys.
How many schools wish they could make a deep run into the playoffs? Only 11 other schools made it as far as Belfry did. Unless your school is Hazard, I don't think yours made it that far.
^^^^^ well they did Make it that far my friend, they did.
WideZero Wrote:^^^^^ well they did Make it that far my friend, they did.

He proclaims to be a Highland fan and grad. Some of his Northern Kentucky brethren have questioned that in other threads. Nobody, with the exception of Trinity, comes even close to the rich tradition of winning state titles as Highlands. I enjoy reading posts about fans from more urban areas in the state chastise teams in rural areas for not playing tougher schedules and then during the playoffs they whine and complain about having to travel to Western Kentucky or the mountains. During the regular season, Highlands and Trinity are very rarely on the bus more then an hour. Most of the time it is only thirty minutes. They can play some of the toughest competition within one hour of home. For Belfry to just play a district game, they will travel on a bus from one to two hours. If they played all the powerhouses that Trinity and Highlands played, they would have to travel 3 to 4 hours which would have enormous transportation costs. Most of the top notch teams that Highlands plays are within a twenty to thirty minute ride from their school and that is according to traffic, not mileage.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:He proclaims to be a Highland fan and grad. Some of his Northern Kentucky brethren have questioned that in other threads. Nobody, with the exception of Trinity, comes even close to the rich tradition of winning state titles as Highlands. I enjoy reading posts about fans from more urban areas in the state chastise teams in rural areas for not playing tougher schedules and then during the playoffs they whine and complain about having to travel to Western Kentucky or the mountains. During the regular season, Highlands and Trinity are very rarely on the bus more then an hour. Most of the time it is only thirty minutes. They can play some of the toughest competition within one hour of home. For Belfry to just play a district game, they will travel on a bus from one to two hours. If they played all the powerhouses that Trinity and Highlands played, they would have to travel 3 to 4 hours which would have enormous transportation costs. Most of the top notch teams that Highlands plays are within a twenty to thirty minute ride from their school and that is according to traffic, not mileage.

One of the many reasons I am so strongly against having six classes. Would like to go back to the four, or even a three class system.
Who are these "big boys" you speak of?
This guy is a troll. BHS fans just ignore it.
Belfry has at least 2 Championships and 3 runner up finishes. I am not a Belfry fan but if I was I would be very proud of that program.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Belfry has at least 2 Championships and 3 runner up finishes. I am not a Belfry fan but if I was I would be very proud of that program.

thats just since 2003,the other years in between that was all atleast final 4 but one,they also have atleast 3 more runner ups..
They do Belfry is a big boy team
Last time I checked they are in the top 3-4 teams in 3A year in and year out. They do compete at the highest level in 3A.
If competing for a state title every year is not competing with the ''big boys'', somethings baaad wrong!!
Can we list this is the "dumbest thread of the year" lock box?!
WideRight05 Wrote:One of the many reasons I am so strongly against having six classes. Would like to go back to the four, or even a three class system.

I agree on the four, even three classes. Not to hi-jack the thread.
Not sure how they got it "handed" to them last year when Central had to score late to win the game last year.
Zaga Fan oh Zaga Fan...whereforeart thou Zaga Fan?

We need your quote bro.
We did get it handed to us in 2010, but we weren't that great. 07 and 11 we lost by a combined 11 points those two games.
WideZero Wrote:it seems like central or somebody they play deep in the playoffs causes them go choke every year. Should they start playing a tougher regular season schedule? Ashland and JC just won't cut it.

Asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve. You are the worst troll in the history of trolldom.
WildZero,

For starters I am not a Belfry fan and never will be. But you must be crazy to make that statement. There is no way you can live anywhere North, South or East of Lexington to make a statement like you just made. Everyone that has played Belfry over the past 20 or so years has almost always left saying that they just played one of the best teams that they have ever played and definitely one of the classiest. Belfry has multiple state championships and are a threat to win it every year. Coach Haywood is perhaps the best coach in the state of Kentucky and several of those years that his teams have made a run he did it with a lot less talent and skill as compared to the teams he beat to get there. Belfry has a winning tradition that 95% of the state schools and 90% of the private schools would love to have. Keep in mind that Belfry is not a private school and they are just one of the high schools located in Pike County. They do not get all of the best players in their own county, those players are distributed pretty equally through Pike Central, Pikeville, Shelby Valley and of course Belfry get's their fair share. But to ignorantly make a statement like "Will Belfry ever be able to compete with the big Boys?" is ridiculous. Ask the coach at Central if he thought that Belfry didn't belong in the championship game last year. This is like asking if St. X can play with the big boys. I mean they have been losing to Trinity the last few years, does that mean they are no longer one of the big boys in the state. You must have felt like a dumb--- when you hit the post button for this thread.
Lambert #1 Wrote:WildZero,

For starters I am not a Belfry fan and never will be. But you must be crazy to make that statement. There is no way you can live anywhere North, South or East of Lexington to make a statement like you just made. Everyone that has played Belfry over the past 20 or so years has almost always left saying that they just played one of the best teams that they have ever played and definitely one of the classiest. Belfry has multiple state championships and are a threat to win it every year. Coach Haywood is perhaps the best coach in the state of Kentucky and several of those years that his teams have made a run he did it with a lot less talent and skill as compared to the teams he beat to get there. Belfry has a winning tradition that 95% of the state schools and 90% of the private schools would love to have. Keep in mind that Belfry is not a private school and they are just one of the high schools located in Pike County. They do not get all of the best players in their own county, those players are distributed pretty equally through Pike Central, Pikeville, Shelby Valley and of course Belfry get's their fair share. But to ignorantly make a statement like "Will Belfry ever be able to compete with the big Boys?" is ridiculous. Ask the coach at Central if he thought that Belfry didn't belong in the championship game last year. This is like asking if St. X can play with the big boys. I mean they have been losing to Trinity the last few years, does that mean they are no longer one of the big boys in the state. You must have felt like a dumb--- when you hit the post button for this thread.

I agree 100% with this post
Strikeout King Wrote:^ I thought that as well.

This does not concern the thread, but it is ridiculous anyway. SK stop putting those pics on here. I cant read a thread without scrolling back to look at those hotter than hell babes. :yum:
RoShamBo Wrote:Asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve. You are the worst troll in the history of trolldom.

Troll? He is the supreme idiot of the Universe.
^
Agreed.
This is the dumbest thread I have ever read on any post. No one is that dumb. I am not from Belfry, but I know they are the top program in the mountains. I think this is probably some kid just trying to get a rise and it is working. We should not even reply. It is kind of funny that it got us going. May be the dumbest post of all time, but I must not be to smart even replying to it. Good one WideZero.
Panther Thunder Wrote:This guy is a troll. BHS fans just ignore it.

Totally agree.
Belfry runs with the big dogs.... Being 1 of 12 teams to make it to the "dog house" for the past 2 seasons puts them in the top of the state!
Pages: 1 2