Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Carson Palmer discusses moving on with Dan Patrick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last year during training camp, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis talked about how it was better in 2003 that Jon Kitna was the starter instead of throwing Carson Palmer into it as a rookie. It turns out that Lewis and Palmer still agree about that.

Said Palmer on today’s episode of The Dan Patrick Show: “I definitely would have been ready to start but not I woudn’t have been ready to perform at the same level Jon Kitna was performing at. In my situation it was who gave us the best chance to win and Jon had been playing very well, he played there a long time and knew the system. It was a great opportunity for me to sit and learn. Jon taught me things back then that I still use today. Now if you are a quarterback and you get drafted 1-10 (overall) you are playing right away.”

When it comes to the need to patch things up though with his former team, Palmer doesn’t think there is a need to, saying “I’ve moved on, they’ve moved on. I don’t know if anything needs to be patched up. It is what it is. It was time to move on and it was time for them to move on. They’re in a better place and I’m definitely in a better place.

“It wasn’t one thing. It was just time. I put in going on nine years and gave everything I had and don’t look and regret anything. They had a young team that was an up and coming team. It was time for me to move on. I think in years to come both organizations will look back and say this is the best thing that could have happened.”http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012...n-patrick/
he was an elite qb until his injury in the playoffs