Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spring Games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who all plays Spring games? I was at a baseball game at Madison Southern Friday and over at the football field they were haveing a Blue vs White game. What other schools do this.
In my area, I know Fleming County and Mason County did.
We usually try to at Somerset but it is difficult numbers-wise at a small school like ours. 8th graders (incoming freshmen) aren't allowed to participate and then we usually miss some of our guys with baseball. This year we just did 7 on 7 and lineman drills instead of a Spring Game because we didn't have enough guys. We always had spring games when I played at Somerset but we hardly had any guys playing multiple sports then. I think they had spring games the last three years, but this year we just couldn't do it.
Montgomery County has been holding a spring game for the past 8 years. The game is called the "Steak and Bean Bowl". This following information is listed on their website: @ http://www.mcindiansfootball.com

At the conclusion of spring practice the Indians compete in the "Steak & Bean Bowl", an intra-squad scrimmage where the winning team eats steak and the losing team eats beans! The idea for this game came from the same tradition at Morehead State University, where Coach Gooch and Mark Ledford both played. In 2012, the 8th edition of this game was played with the WHITE team winning for the second straight year. This year the guest coaches were Omar Prewitt (Caswell Prewitt Realty) and Mark Ledford (Whitaker Bank).

BOWL HISTORY

"Blue" leads series 4-3-1

2005 – White - 30 Blue - 14 2006 - Blue – 28 White - 20
2007 - Blue - 32 White - 15 2008 - Blue - 22 White - 22
2009 - Blue - 38 White - 34 2010 - Blue -38 White - 28
2011 - White - 48 Blue - 28 2012 - White - 49 Blue - 48

2009 - MVP - Tyler Murphy
2010 - MVP - Seth Dotson (White), Sean Richardson (Blue)
2011 - MVP - Lance Lockridge
2012 - MVP Joe Chism (Blue), Aaron Botts (White)
I don't think Estill does. They usually just go to camp but they aren't going this year because school starts back early and the week it starts back is the week they go to camp. On another note, I did hear that Madison Southern could be on Estill's Schedule for 2013/2014.
I didnt even know it was legal this time of the year, but I like it. it has allready got me pumped for some football
Intersquad games are legal, but no school vs school competition.
plantmanky Wrote:Intersquad games are legal, but no school vs school competition.

I know that, but when are you allowed full pads