Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jaysean Paige signs with College of Southern Idaho
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to this young man and it congratulations to him as he uses this game to better himself.

It would be nice to see him go D1 in a couple of years but it's about finishing school and not about scoring baskets.

Best of luck to a great kid.
Hope he continues his education and graduates.

Congrats.
Congrats to this young man.
Congrats! Use basketball to get what you desire.
Congrats Paige!

He sure was fun to watch this season, not every year the 14th has someone as athletic has him. Best of luck.
Congrats and good luck. I will give him credit. He doesn't mind diversity. He went from Jamestown, New York to Hazard, Kentucky and now he is going to Southern Idaho. Hopefully he can continue to adapt and be successful.
Congrats young man.
Powerhouse program in their division, JuCo I think. They have a ton of players sign D-1 scholarships from there. Former UK guard Kevin Galloway played there before transferring to UK under Gillispie.

Congrats to the young man, this should help him to earning a spot on a D-1 team in a couple years.
Altro Cat Wrote:Powerhouse program in their division, JuCo I think. They have a ton of players sign D-1 scholarships from there. Former UK guard Kevin Galloway played there before transferring to UK under Gillispie.

Congrats to the young man, this should help him to earning a spot on a D-1 team in a couple years.

Yeah
They're D1-NJCAA

I would have mentioned that in the first post but I'm not good with typing on my phone.

They have multiple national titles with their latest coming in 2011 and the program was started by Eddie Sutton.
Congrats to Jaysean, I hope he excels.
Congratualtions to this young man. What an athlete!
At least he is getting to see the world. NY to KY to Idaho. I thought when he left NY for KY it would be culture shock, wow now the rural mid west, yikes!!! I wish him the best.
Glad to hear that he is getting this type of an opportunity. I really hope he can make the best of it and then get a shot to play at perhaps high level Division 1 basketball.
Congrats!
Congrats!!
Congrats JP!
Congrats and best of luck to a great young man.
Congrats JP.After, watching him he wasnt no cocky athlete like I thought he would be coming from NY. I wish you the best.

But my question what happen to the West Virgina, Marshall, Morehead State offers? Was all those rumors false?
Well deserved.
Tailback44 Wrote:Congrats JP.After, watching him he wasnt no cocky athlete like I thought he would be coming from NY. I wish you the best.

But my question what happen to the West Virgina, Marshall, Morehead State offers? Was all those rumors false?

Anytime you see a very good player go to a junior or community college 99% of the time it's because their GPA and ACT/SAT scores are not high enough to get into any other level of college to qualify for a scholarship or even entry into the school.

The NCAA also has minimum scores for prospective athletes to attain before they willl be eligible to play. So those players go to a JUCO or CC for two years and become eligible for higher level colleges once they earn a good GPA to transfer.

Sometimes you will see high school graduates go to a prep school one year beyond high school. Those players usually do that because of the same reason listed above.
Congrats goes out from Rowdy. Good Luck at the next level.
CSI (College of Southern Idaho) is by far one of the best junior college programs in the country. Won the national title last year and made the national tourney this past season. It is generally regarded as one of the top 5 juco programs in the country. Congrats to JP.