Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 9 Lawrence County 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Davis Park.

Jake Burke gets the W for PHS. Threw a tremendous game after Ward was replaced.

Gavin Miller goes 3-3 with a HR (ItP), 2B, AND 1B.

Pikeville improves to 19-7 with the win and will return to action tomorrow at home vs. Paintsville.

Solid Win tonight without Randy Maynard. Really excited about Estep's future if he can work at it and develop.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Reese Ward got the W, Burke had the save.

Pikeville hit the ball well. Gavin Miller continues to impress.

Lawrence just didnt put enough hits together. The infield looks good though. I see them making it out of the 57th.
^ I stand corrected.

Also PHS is now 19-6, not 19-7. My mistake.
Great win. I wonder where all the LC faithful that was calling them out for not playing Tuesday are? Funny.
Don't taunt, just enjoy the quality win.
Commanche Wrote:Great win. I wonder where all the LC faithful that was calling them out for not playing Tuesday are? Funny.
You know com-an-ch you can't really call somebody out when you are struggling to get above 500 and have a bus load of yearlings.. Even if it is a team that beat a team that worked a lot of magic on the Panthers. A great number of the Pike faithful felt the game could have been played Tuesday. You must feel a little sorry for the guy who drove 120 miles, at 350+a gal.for gas without notice. Anyway as always good to see you drop in. May get to talk with you at the regionals. Very big maybe.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:You know com-an-ch you can't really call somebody out when you are struggling to get above 500 and have a bus load of yearlings.. Even if it is a team that beat a team that worked a lot of magic on the Panthers. A great number of the Pike faithful felt the game could have been played Tuesday. You must feel a little sorry for the guy who drove 120 miles, at 350+a gal.for gas without notice. Anyway as always good to see you drop in. May get to talk with you at the regionals. Very big maybe.
In fairness, there WAS notice, I believe notice was given about 4 p.m. or so (2 hours before the game). If it didn't get out on the radio or something in Louisa, kind of hard for Pikeville to control that. But yeah, it definitely COULD have been played IMO, although the area around home plate and the mound would have been less than ideal. I'm just glad it did finally get played, and that it came out in Pikeville's favor. Shaping up to be an interesting tourney this year.
PHSForever Wrote:In fairness, there WAS notice, I believe notice was given about 4 p.m. or so (2 hours before the game). If it didn't get out on the radio or something in Louisa, kind of hard for Pikeville to control that. But yeah, it definitely COULD have been played IMO, although the area around home plate and the mound would have been less than ideal. I'm just glad it did finally get played, and that it came out in Pikeville's favor. Shaping up to be an interesting tourney this year.
Of cource notice sometimes is quite limited and blame should never be an issue unless a team travels the distance and I believe the team got the word as they boarded the bus. At anyrate congrats to the Panthers as they certainly came ready. Special congrats to Ward played with and against him for several years. Got to see Sam and maturity is setting well with him. He is also an old friend.