Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 3 Prestonsburg 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big change around for the Dawgs. Ten hits officially with I believe no errors. There were some balls in the outfield that should have been taken but no real compliants here. There will probably some issues by the P-burg faithful with the officiating. When a call is changed that happens. As I have said before the cats have a nice team and coach Simpkins does a great job.Tonight the Dawgs happened to get on the up side of the one run game.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Big change around for the Dawgs. Ten hits officially with I believe no errors. There were some balls in the outfield that should have been taken but no real compliants here. There will probably some issues by the P-burg faithful with the officiating. When a call is changed that happens. As I have said before the cats have a nice team and coach Simpkins does a great job.Tonight the Dawgs happened to get on the up side of the one run game.

Sounds like this was a good one to watch Charlie.
Bob Seger Wrote:Sounds like this was a good one to watch Charlie.
It was in fact rather nice. Makes me think more than ever that it will be a nice Regional tournament. I must believe that the birds are in the drivers seat
at this junction as it is no longer too early to speculate.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:It was in fact rather nice. Makes me think more than ever that it will be a nice Regional tournament. I must believe that the birds are in the drivers seat
at this junction as it is no longer too early to speculate.

Up for grabs, it is, Charlie.
The only complaint I have about the officials is that the home plate ump's strike zone blatantly changed for the worse against Prestonsburg following the controversy over the changed call. After that, any semblance of consistency flew out the window, and pitches that were not strikes for 4 innings were suddenly being called strikes against the Blackcats. I try not to criticize umpires, because Lord knows their job is difficult enough. On anything but the most obvious calls, you are going to have half the fan base mad at you. But this kind of thing really kills the 15th region in baseball. Teams that advance past the regional level really struggle with good umpires, because they have had to deal with inconsistent, spotty calls all year. Hitters have their confidence destroyed by an inconsistent strike zone and pitchers have no idea where to locate their pitches because the strike zone changes inning by inning.

LC deserved to win the game. They scored when they needed to, hit when they needed to, and their coach made all the right personnel moves at the right time.

Controversy aside, it was a fairly well played, pretty quick game. Like I have said all along: the 15th is wide open this year...
I have heard more compliants on the officating in the 15th Region this year more than any other year. Yes the region is wide open but from what I hear inconsistance and wanting to be seem by umpires may change the outcome of what could be a outstanding tournament.
Sadly the officials do make a big differnce in some instances. This has been a long year.
A good game to watch. Officials have a very difficult job. And rarely do they change the outcome of a game. I would like to see more consistency in officiating but I wouldn't blame this loss on 1 controversial call. The Blackcats had the bases loaded on two different occasions with no outs and was not able to score. All year long they have found a way to win and last night it just didn't happen. The Cats need to refocus or it will be a short run in the regional tournament for a very tallented and well coached team.

LC played solid and deserved this win. Congrats Dawgs.
I dont think from what I heard it was just one game I have heard coaches and parents saying that this year the officals have been very inconsistant. However the job is hard and they arent going to make everyone happy, but they got to get the calls right and not be seen.
PHS Coach Wrote:A good game to watch. Officials have a very difficult job. And rarely do they change the outcome of a game. I would like to see more consistency in officiating but I wouldn't blame this loss on 1 controversial call. The Blackcats had the bases loaded on two different occasions with no outs and was not able to score. All year long they have found a way to win and last night it just didn't happen. The Cats need to refocus or it will be a short run in the regional tournament for a very tallented and well coached team. LC played solid and deserved this win. Congrats Dawgs.

Gosh coach I sure dont want to sound like a smart alleck, but I dont think there is a team in the whole 15th region this year that fits in that category. I can never remember the 15th region being this weak overall. Youth over the whole region, I know, is playing a big part in that, but............ nonetheless. I will however agree with you whole heartedly on the well coached part.