Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nuggets 102 - Lakers 99 (Game 5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nuggets with a big win on the road. Denver led by 13 points with about five minutes to go. Kobe Bryant fueled a big comeback scoring a few of his 43 points when his team needed him the most. Andre Miller had a big game for Denver with 24 points and several big shots late, and McGee had 21 points and 14 rebounds for the Nuggets.

Regardless of the outcome of this series, if this Denver team stays together they have a bright future ahead of them.
I was ready to cuss and complain about the Lakers lack of effort in this game. Especially bynums and gasols. no reason why mcgee should put up those numbers. none. But, the last 4 minutes of this game were pretty awesome, kobe's performance made me feel better and learn to forgive haha. shit happens they say. On to game 6 haha.
Kobe 14-32 = Loss

When will he learn that they r a much better team when they play through the bigs.
^Won't happen.
Horrible effort by the Laker Bigs. Bynum pouted like a baby when he didn't get the ball on the interior and then showed his disinterest when he would mope down the floor for Defense.
Stardust Wrote:Horrible effort by the Laker Bigs. Bynum pouted like a baby when he didn't get the ball on the interior and then showed his disinterest when he would mope down the floor for Defense.

Being a BIG my whole life I can tell you this When the "Bigs" ain't getting the ball they don't want to rebound or play D as hard. And since Bynum has been the best big in the league the whole year he has the big head right now and he knows he's now a star so if Bynum is only going to get 8 shots and score 16 points on only 8 shots he ain't going to play as hard.

"Get that man the ball"
But hey, I hope the Lakers keep playing like this because they're so much better playing through Bynum.

I love seeing the Lakers lose games to players like Miller and McGee..
ekff Wrote:Being a BIG my whole life I can tell you this When the "Bigs" ain't getting the ball they don't want to rebound or play D as hard. And since Bynum has been the best big in the league the whole year he has the big head right now and he knows he's now a star so if Bynum is only going to get 8 shots and score 16 points on only 8 shots he ain't going to play as hard.

"Get that man the ball"

When you have Kobe Bryant, then you have to get over your own ego.
Stardust Wrote:When you have Kobe Bryant, then you have to get over your own ego.

No thats where people are wrong. Kobe needs to get over his ego. He ain't the same Kobe as he was 5 years ago and Bynum ain't the same Bynum as he was 3 years ago.... Kobe needs to accept that the Lakers are better playing through Bynum and not Kobe shooting his arm off every game...
^ I hate the Lakers, thus, I want Kobe to shoot both arms, legs, eyes, ears, nose - all of them off
Stardust Wrote:^ I hate the Lakers, thus, I want Kobe to shoot both arms, legs, eyes, ears, nose - all of them off

I hate the Lakers too but I hate it more when they can't cover the spread bc Kobe won't pass.
Kobe worries about points, Lakers get beat.
I know a lot will be said and should be said about Kobe shooting his arm off...
but honestly.

Bynum was bring a punk before, during, and after this game.
No way McGee should put up those numbers and catch lobs like that all night with Bynum AND Gasol in the paint. You shouldn't be able to throw over the top of that.

I have respected Andre Miller since his days in Cleveland. I always picked him up on my fantasy team because I know he is a consistent PG every night....
but there is no way he should drop 24 points on the Lakers.

Kobe was simply trying to help his team win when no one else looked like they wanted to step up. Kobe ain't as good as he used to be but he's still capable of packing a team on his back in like he did in the last few minutes of this one.

You can say he needs to pass or he needs to pass the ball to Bynum so he quits being a wuss. I say don't let Bynum touch the ball until he plays D and rebounds. On his best night Bynum will outplay anyone in the league, including Dwight Howard, but there is no excuse for the crap he pulls. He got that senseless technical for shoving Farreid. He said that he expected Denver to "lay-down" before the game. Mid-year he got benched for shooting 3s in a game in which they were barely winning and after the game he said that shooting 3s was a part of his game now and Coach Brown would have to deal with it. I don't care how good the dude is, he needs to work on his attitude.
I know a lot will be said and should be said about Kobe shooting his arm off...
but honestly.

Bynum was bring a punk before, during, and after this game.
No way McGee should put up those numbers and catch lobs like that all night with Bynum AND Gasol in the paint. You shouldn't be able to throw over the top of that.

I have respected Andre Miller since his days in Cleveland. I always picked him up on my fantasy team because I know he is a consistent PG every night....
but there is no way he should drop 24 points on the Lakers.

Kobe was simply trying to help his team win when no one else looked like they wanted to step up. Kobe ain't as good as he used to be but he's still capable of packing a team on his back in like he did in the last few minutes of this one.

You can say he needs to pass or he needs to pass the ball to Bynum so he quits being a wuss. I say don't let Bynum touch the ball until he plays D and rebounds. On his best night Bynum will outplay anyone in the league, including Dwight Howard, but there is no excuse for the crap he pulls. He got that senseless technical for shoving Farreid. He said that he expected Denver to "lay-down" before the game. Mid-year he got benched for shooting 3s in a game in which they were barely winning and after the game he said that shooting 3s was a part of his game now and Coach Brown would have to deal with it. I don't care how good the dude is, he needs to work on his attitude.
^ Fact is, Kobe has to understand it all ain't about him and he's coming to the end of the road and this should be Bynum's team... Going to run off Bynum just like Shaq.
And since when is 5/8 with 16 points and 11 rebounds playing like a punk.

GET HIM THE BALL and he'll be happy..
And since when is 5/8 with 16 points and 11 rebounds playing like a punk.

GET HIM THE BALL and he'll be happy..
hate on Kobe all you want. Bynum was playing with no effort, it was like he didnt want to play. you can blame that on not getting the ball, but he was. he was double teamed every time he even looked at the ball. He was mad over that, and needed to get over it. He's not the only one to blame though. gasol wasnt playing like Gasol of passed championship teams. So down double digits with 7 to go, Kobe took over. Thats what Kobe does. And he put them in contention for the end of this one. Dont hate on him for that. He did what no one else was going to. This team isnt at its best when Kobe passes, its at its best when Kobe doesnt need to shoot because his teammates are playing with passion and playing well. last night they werent. Kobe wasn't out there thinking "I need points!!!!!!" He wanted to win.

This team will be just fine though. Dont worry about the Lake Show.
I'm so happy that World Peace is back to this team, maybe he'll Elbow both Kobe and Bynum in the head....
Way to many shots for kobe. PLay through your bigs. Bynum has become a force.
K_Mac Wrote:hate on Kobe all you want. Bynum was playing with no effort, it was like he didnt want to play. you can blame that on not getting the ball, but he was. he was double teamed every time he even looked at the ball. He was mad over that, and needed to get over it. He's not the only one to blame though. gasol wasnt playing like Gasol of passed championship teams. So down double digits with 7 to go, Kobe took over. Thats what Kobe does. And he put them in contention for the end of this one. Dont hate on him for that. He did what no one else was going to. This team isnt at its best when Kobe passes, its at its best when Kobe doesnt need to shoot because his teammates are playing with passion and playing well. last night they werent. Kobe wasn't out there thinking "I need points!!!!!!" He wanted to win.

This team will be just fine though. Dont worry about the Lake Show.

I bet there are a lot of teams in the NBA that wish they could get 16 points and 11 rebounds out of their centers... POINT IS Bynum has to GET THE BALL. Period. 5/8... Can't happen if a player is getting the ball he'll play harder...
I wouldn't run up and down the court rebounding and playing D and watching Kobe shoot his arm off either. Bynum knows how good he is now, so the best thing for Lakers is to get him the ball.
ekff Wrote:I bet there are a lot of teams in the NBA that wish they could get 16 points and 11 rebounds out of their centers... POINT IS Bynum has to GET THE BALL. Period. 5/8... Can't happen if a player is getting the ball he'll play harder...
I wouldn't run up and down the court rebounding and playing D and watching Kobe shoot his arm off either. Bynum knows how good he is now, so the best thing for Lakers is to get him the ball.

Your missing my point sir. I do not disagree AT ALL with Bynum needs to get the ball. I 100% agree the key to winning is our 2 7 footers. They have to play like the best C and PF in the league. And absolutely be beasts down low. My point is you cannot, absolutely CANNOT put this loss on Kobe. Nor can you put Bynums lack of shots on him. He is double teamed every time he touches it. The shots he did get were lobs, shots he didnt have the chance of getting double teamed on. 32 shots is too many shots for Kobe. Right at 20-24 is where he needs to stay while averaging around 25-28. Im good with that. But a lot of his shots last night were forced, late clock, or possible game-tieing opportunities. Makes his stats look worse then they were. His 4- 3point FG's along with some other timely baskets is the only reason the Lakers were in this one late anyway. so im okay with him taking those shots to tie the game late instead of passing. If he hits it, scores 8 in OT, drops 50 on the night and the Lakers win, he would be praised like jesus. Just because he missed, and its going to take another game to close out the series is no reason to throw him under a bus.
Kobe shot his arm off and the Lakers lose. It is really not complicated. It is what Kobe does. He is in the twilight of his career and his response has been to shoot more shots and miss a higher percentage of them than he has since his second season in the league.

This is the stage of a career when truly great team players willingly accept a smaller role while they try to help the younger players on the team reach their full potential. If Kobe cannot accept that role, then the Lakers should find him a new home.

But I am enjoying Kobe watching shoot more and connect less - I hope he does not adapt his game to match his rapidly diminishing athleticism. Confusednicker: