Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: O.J. Mayo in trouble again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like he got into trouble at school and the school held him out of the state semi's but they still advance to the championship on Saturday not sure if he will play. NCH was also without another player for the third game but that has also been undisclosed.

Mayo won the Ohio Player of the Year on Wednesday night for the second striaght year.
Player of the year who always stays in trouble...sounds like Allen Iverson.
What happened?
Well this is a shocker. Looks like him and Huggins needs to be together!
So much talent, hope he gets back on the right track.
catdawg put a link to the story in here
O J and and Huggy Bear will be just fine, if he goes there. Hate to see young people with all the talent in the world self destruct, but that seems to happen more and more.
they will be tight liped on the details. i hope its grades and not somthing punishable by law.
He was talking on his cell phone in class is what I have heard. Probably Nike calling. I would have taken the call too. I hear Tubby has offered scholarships to a couple of he and Williams friends in hopes of getting them to come to UK.
From what I heard, he was only suspended the one game, but never a doubt that he would play in the finals. I'm proud of the school though, most schools would have let him sell crack in the classroom and still play
venom93 Wrote:He was talking on his cell phone in class is what I have heard. Probably Nike calling. I would have taken the call too. I hear Tubby has offered scholarships to a couple of he and Williams friends in hopes of getting them to come to UK.

Let's hope for the sake of UK basketball:thumpsup:
Ted Dibiasi Wrote:Let's hope for the sake of UK basketball:thumpsup:

That would get them back on their feet, but they're so bad right now I don't even know if OJ would consider it
fox sports Wrote:Player of the year who always stays in trouble...sounds like Allen Iverson.

This sounds like the type of player that UK needs to get back on top?
what exactly did he do.
i hope he plays for UK
from what ive heard hes gonna play for Marshal...close to home
Bob Huggins just got hired at Kansas St. that is where O.J. will play next year.
I really don't see him going to Marshall. Their basketball program is pathetic and he'll only be there one year anyway. I see him going somewhere he has a shot at the National Title, ala Carmello Anthony.
if he goes to marshal he may be there for 4 years.
OJ is surrounded by people who set bad examples for him and give him bad advice. Nothing surprises me with him.

And IMO him going to UK would be a mistake..... For UK.
coffee man Wrote:OJ is surrounded by people who set bad examples for him and give him bad advice. Nothing surprises me with him.

And IMO him going to UK would be a mistake..... For UK.

How so??? And why the hell would he go to Marshall?
Only way he and Walker were going to go to Marshall was if Huggins ended up there. You ask why I think everyone knows the connection with Huggins but both boys are from Huntington.

And it won't be next year since they will still be in High School.
That could be a mess...but hope not.
When you are allowed to do as you please,and you know nothing is going to come of it,then this will continue
Hey Wize......glad to see you back. I know you and I both have seen OJ play in person while at Rose Hill. Great talent that could do amazing things on the court with the proper coach ( not suited for Tubby ball though ). Hope OJ becomes a star wherever he he decides to go. I'm sure we'll see him in the NBA in a few years.
If it wasn't for the new NBA rule he would never go to college. He has been a stud since the 7th grade. You are right. He isn't suited for Tubby ball. He is way too atheletic and talented for the UK program.
venom93 Wrote:He is way too atheletic and talented for the UK program.

Definitely gonna make some enemies here with that statement....Smile BTW, I totally agree with it.