Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 13 Paintsville 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Stonecrest.
Very sloppy game on both sides. Congrats Blackcats.
Once again the young Tigers give it away. Prestonsburg kept trying to hand it to us and we kept handing it back. Probably the worst defensive performance I've see all year (both teams combined). Once again the stike-out-bug plauged Tigers at the end of the game in crucial situations.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Once again the young Tigers give it away. Prestonsburg kept trying to hand it to us and we kept handing it back. Probably the worst defensive performance I've see all year (both teams combined). Once again the stike-out-bug plauged Tigers at the end of the game in crucial situations.

LOL...Yep..that sure cost them the game didn't it. Didn't help.

BUT, what about the last two losses the Tigers have had? Let's see. Had the lead in the bottom of the 6th and 7th Innings and what happened?

I'll tell ya what happened. 11 BBs, and 3 WPs in the last two losses. Hard to win ANY game when you can't get people out with the lead.
Not really sure what was wrong or bad about my observation of the game. Nothing negative or calling out anyone. We had runners in scoring posistion near the end of the game and didn't put the ball in play. Also this thread is Prestonsburg / Paintsville game so why beat a dead horse by bringing up the previous 2 losses as they have no relevance.
Hook when do the Tigers play again?
OffTheHook Wrote:LOL...Yep..that sure cost them the game didn't it. Didn't help.

BUT, what about the last two losses the Tigers have had? Let's see. Had the lead in the bottom of the 6th and 7th Innings and what happened?

I'll tell ya what happened. 11 BBs, and 3 WPs in the last two losses. Hard to win ANY game when you can't get people out with the lead.

You guys really miss coach Adkins don't you. Great coach
Ike Cooter Wrote:Not really sure what was wrong or bad about my observation of the game. Nothing negative or calling out anyone. We had runners in scoring posistion near the end of the game and didn't put the ball in play. Also this thread is Prestonsburg / Paintsville game so why beat a dead horse by bringing up the previous 2 losses as they have no relevance.

What ever you want to say Coot. Everyone knows. The BBs bug has killed the Tigers as it did tonight against Pikeville. Ks are a part of the game and so is throwing strikes which you have to do to get Ks. Like I said..the Ks "Didn't help". But, if strikes are thrown the previous inning. The Ks don't even come into play. You don't have to single anyone out. If you wann see some stats . Go to www.maxpreps.com. The two that struck out that inning are 4 &5 on the team wit AvG with RISP. It happens but should havenever came to that for them.
the other guy Wrote:You guys really miss coach Adkins don't you. Great coach

Other guy, you have no idea. Great post.