Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Incoming Freshman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not been on here in forever but feels great to be back on because although basketball season passed (which I love) the boys are back to the gridiron. Anyways what are you guys' predictions/thoughts on the top incoming Freshman this Fall and the impact they will bring to their teams in the state?
From Lone Oak QB/WR/S Zyaire Hughes could definitely compete for a starting job and DT/OT Wells Purdom could compete for some time even though Lone Oak has an upperclassmen Offensive/Defensive Line and also LB Johnny Hernandez and OT/DE Jack Moreland could make some noise
Zach Mills and a whole host of other Whitley County freshmen can make an impact. With a heavily numbered upper class im not sure how much a lot of them will play, but i wouldnt be surprised to see mills on the field this year.
State runner ups only to a VERY good Northern Pulaski team. There should be a lot of GOOD young players in Whitley and Pulaski Counties this year.
i agree z hughes and wells purdom will see some playing time.i think there are a few more on that lone oak freshman team that might get on th field. sam letton will play as freshman,drake jackson will get a shot to play both are from lex cath great kids.castle hatcher will get some playing time.i would guess ther will be several others from team ky that will get some playing time.
^Sam Letton will likely be one of if not the best WR in the state in a couple years. That kid has it all, size, hands, and pretty good speed. I definitely expect him to catch more than a couple passes from Bolin this year.
Manica, from West Middle School in Shelbyville. Question is, will he play for Collins or Trinity.
I believe Castle Hatcher will see some playing time as well as Sam Letton. Zach Mills from Whitley will see alot of time on the field in my opinion
^I agree about all of these. Hatcher will have to take a back seat to Tanner Gadberry at QB for now IMO because Gadberry has shown a lot of improvement in the offseason but Castle is too talented to not see the field at least some this year. Castle will be a big time player for us eventually, especially if he can grow a couple inches. I think Letton and Mills will make their presence felt at the high school level early on though.
Gabe Stanley from Johns Creek will be a great addition for the Pike Central Hawks and will see some early playing time...he is quick, decent speed and a great football mentality. He will get every inch he can on the offensive side and on defense, despite his size he will HIT you....Great player
RoShamBo Wrote:^I agree about all of these. Hatcher will have to take a back seat to Tanner Gadberry at QB for now IMO because Gadberry has shown a lot of improvement in the offseason but Castle is too talented to not see the field at least some this year. Castle will be a big time player for us eventually, especially if he can grow a couple inches. I think Letton and Mills will make their presence felt at the high school level early on though.

Great post, coming out of the mountains look out for Paintsville to I
Improve quickly with Daniels FBU KY, Trimble, potentially Miller and LeMaster will start at center and FBU player as well. Paintsville has the potential for future wins but growing pains will be evident if the current staff plays daddy's boy where they want them. It will be a mess quick but hope they realize players will leave if it happens. Or that's what I've heard.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Manica, from West Middle School in Shelbyville. Question is, will he play for Collins or Trinity.

I have heard that he will NOT be going to Trinity and he will be staying at Collins. Malik along with other players in the upcoming freshman class will likely see varsity playing time this year, even with all of the talent Collins already has. There is a ton of speed, size, and athleticism in the upcoming Freshman bunch.
Not a good sign when a varsity team is expecting significant playing time for freshmen!!

Collins must not be as stout as everyone is indicating
Warrior77 Wrote:Not a good sign when a varsity team is expecting significant playing time for freshmen!!

Collins must not be as stout as everyone is indicating

I never said that any of them would expect significant playing time, I just said that some of them will likely get some playing time this year for varsity. It's not that Collins isn't going to be good, it's the incoming freshman are talented enough to possibly see some playing time.
there are alot of incoming freshman players that could play alot and maybe start for a 1a or 2a team,but because they play at a 4a or 5a school they will only see min. amount of time.at lone oak we have several upper classman that are not going to give up their postion very easly,so some of our incoming freshman lineman like wells purdom may only get a small amount of time.zaiyre hughs will get a chance to play alot more because of his speed and the need for more reicvers. im sure its like that at alot of other schools too.
Robbins at Boyle is going to be a good player.
Castle Hatcher at Somerset will see lot's of playing time this year. Watched him throw some a couple days ago. Kid looks Good!!!