Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LWC is moving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(The denomination that I am in can be confusing, so if you have questions, feel free to ask)

There is never a good way to do announce that you are leaving, but tonight at church (after the revival service ended) I had to tell the people of Union Chapel and Grider's Chapel UMC that my wife and I will be leaving on June 19th.

We are being sent/appointed to Bryantsville UMC in Northern Garrard County. We are excited for the opportunity and cannot wait to see what God is going to do, but at the same time it will be a sad day when we drive away for the last time.

God has done many great things in our time at those churches and we are confident that His people will press on towards the mark. We love them and will miss them. Please keep all three churches, both pastors, and their families in your prayers through this transition time.

At Bryantsville UMC, I will be the senior pastor with two other pastors on staff with me. I will be getting a raise, I will be serving only one church, as opposed to currently serving two, and will be within 20 minutes of Asbury Theological Seminary as opposed to, where I am currently driving two hours one way to get there. The old saying is true, to whom much is given much is required.

Even though it seems like a "no-brainer" to want to move, in ministry, money is not what it is about, nor are the luxuries of distance, etc... It was really difficult and required a lot of time and prayer to agree to this appointment (they have the power to force my hand, but they were gracious about it).

I will get to be much closer to my hometown, and will be within a 35 minute drive from anywhere in Lexington that I would want to be (my wife is happy about being 20 minutes from the Fayette Mall, Big Grin and I am Sad about my wallet, lol)

I would like to thank you in advance for your prayers, this weak and humble servant has people that think much higher of him than he does, and the only way I can do this is laying it in God's hands and asking Him to lead me.

I guess I will be in Garrard County Golden Lions territory, (even though I am just as close to the Jessamine County schools.)

Oh and if you need a good laugh, I just launched broshane.com :biglmao: I am a poor poor web designer.
^In case you need a city to help with understanding location, we will be 10 miles from the actual city-part of Lancaster, KY and 20 minutes from the Nicholasville, KY city limits.
Good Luck!
Thanks.
Congrats LWC and good luck.
Is this a result of your work? Are you taking a lead role at a church?
^I'm not a big fan of viewing churches differently, but in the eyes of the appointive cabinet/committee it is a considerable move up. I just go where I am sent, whether there are 50 members (where I am now) or the new appointment (150+ members).

As mentioned above, I will be the Senior Pastor at a church with 4 paid staff members (3 pastors and a custodian). I am a little overwhelmed with responsibility and blessings that I am 24 years old and trusted enough to do this.
Congratulations bro! Maybe we'll be watching you preach on TV one day.
^I do not demand money enough, LOL!
Praying for you LWC for going to your new church. Smile

LWC Wrote:^I do not demand money enough, LOL!

^I've never had this problem. :p
Praying for you LWC.
So will you have some more BGR time on your hands? Thats the real decision?
LWC Wrote:^I do not demand money enough, LOL!

I'm sure you could learn from the greatest, Benny Hinn!
^
For three payments of $99.95 you'll get a lot closer to heaven lol.

Thats why i love attending small churches where money, looks, and social status is a non factor.
Im blessed enough to where i have a great job in a bad economy and am very thankful for that. That doesnt mean i want to attend the biggest or "best" churches. Give me 3 or 4 rows of seats, a preacher who loves god, and a church that cares about one another and i love it. It is hard to find these days.
Congrats LWC. Good luck on your new journey.
Thanks y'all.
Congrats and good luck, LWC!
My move is just 4-5 days away! :eek:

On the 20th the moving company arrives at 8:30AM EST. They will be done at 1:00 EST. The satellite man comes on the 21st.

I think we are 95% packed, the next few days will just be cleaning.

I think I am finally getting adjusted to this. Keep my wife and I in your prayers still, please.
Good Luck!