Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NFL Eliminating Kickoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From watching ESPN the past few days I have noticed some talk about the NFL possibly considering eliminating kickoffs and replacing it them with something else to help prevent player injuries. What are your thoughts should something like this happen?
Put dresses on them and play two-hand touch.
^
They pretty much already are.

Cant hit QB's. Can't lead with the helmet. And now, possibly no kickoffs?

I would seriously think about not even watching if they keep continuing to pansy the league. Why change a part of the game. This isnt just some rule their coming up with, they would be taking away one of the most popular points of the game.

Quick question.....how could a team onside kick with no kickoffs? Also, will we do away with punts? Might as well do away with the whole kicking game together.

It's just stupid, its to important to the game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
They pretty much already are.

Cant hit QB's. Can't lead with the helmet. And now, possibly no kickoffs?

I would seriously think about not even watching if they keep continuing to pansy the league. Why change a part of the game. This isnt just some rule their coming up with, they would be taking away one of the most popular points of the game.

Quick question.....how could a team onside kick with no kickoffs? Also, will we do away with punts? Might as well do away with the whole kicking game together.

It's just stupid, its to important to the game.

Serious, we are still wondering who the "WHO" is that is pansying the league??????????? It's not the NFL! It's not the Owners! It's 100% the players! It's the players with the $$$BILLION$$$ law-suite against the league for NOT PROTECTING THEM! Bitch about the players for wanting the league to put them in dresses!:igiveup:
^I agree! They know what the game consist.

That's like NASCAR drivers going after NASCAR because they were in a wreck!
Saw this tweet the other day lol:

[Image: s3kaz4.png]
[url=https://twitter.com/#%21/celebrityhottub][/url]
This is a dumb idea.

If you are going to take away kick-offs then you might as well take away punts and extra point kicks.

Special teams play a big part in the NFL.
Stardust Wrote:Serious, we are still wondering who the "WHO" is that is pansying the league??????????? It's not the NFL! It's not the Owners! It's 100% the players! It's the players with the $$$BILLION$$$ law-suite against the league for NOT PROTECTING THEM! Bitch about the players for wanting the league to put them in dresses!:igiveup:

Who the hell ever said anything different?
I know what it is.
Tell me where i ever said the players were innocent.
Let's just put flags on everyone and ban tackling. :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:Serious, we are still wondering who the "WHO" is that is pansying the league??????????? It's not the NFL! It's not the Owners! It's 100% the players! It's the players with the $$$BILLION$$$ law-suite against the league for NOT PROTECTING THEM! Bitch about the players for wanting the league to put them in dresses!:igiveup:

I would agree. I am no Roger Goodell fan at all - can't stand him - but it is the players who gave him the power in the collective bargaining agreement to be "judge, jury, and executioner." So when they complain about him, I think back to that and how they pretty much allowed him to have that power in the agreement.

Its Retired players mostly is it not?
^ 100%, but the issue is that it's the Players Union backing them - Which means, this is the retirement plan for players now! If the former players win this, and the league does not make continued changes to take injuries out of the game, they league will be sued out of existence. It's forcing the League to "pansy" the game.
Just freaking play ball for crying out loud. NFL today is starting to remind me of a pee wee league.
A lot of the players of today would not survive in the NFL of the past.
I want this on the record for everyone to know. In 10 years the NFL will be the 2nd and MAYBE the 3rd most popular sport in the US. They are clearly #1 right now, but remember what I said.

I think it can happen earlier, but I wont guess any earlier.
If they do I'll never watch another NFL game again. Things like this is why I like College 10x better.
Stardust Wrote:^ 100%, but the issue is that it's the Players Union backing them - Which means, this is the retirement plan for players now! If the former players win this, and the league does not make continued changes to take injuries out of the game, they league will be sued out of existence. It's forcing the League to "pansy" the game.

They need to contact Eric C. Conn of Stanville, KY. Mr. Social Security/SSI.
Isn't football a contact sport?

Correct me if I'm wrong.........
The objective for the defense is to prevent the opposing offense from scoring points on them by tackling the offensive player in possession of the ball.
I must have gotten it twisted, I thought the object was to knock the living shit out of whoever lines up in front of you.
^
Can you imagine Coach Heywood telling you not to tackle somebody?
If you watch football a lot,and I do you would notice that you don't get a lot of big hits in kick returns. I always look for it but it never comes much. The big hits come from Qb's getting blind sided and receivers turning for a pass.
Has to do with concussions. In ten years it's highly probable no football will have kickoff.
This is so crazy!