Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mark Davis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everybody think about this referee? He's certainly had a name made for himself during the playoffs this year.
I think he's good enough to be an NBA referee so that speaks volumes
^ Given the referee scandal that took place recently, that isn't what I would consider a high honor.
Referee scandal, not Referee's scandal! High honor indeed!
Whether or not you are dirty or clean....
everyone starts out locally and moves up.

The guy has put in his time and is a helluva ref if he wears the whistle in the NBA.
^ Just because he wears a whistle in the NBA does not mean he's a "helluva" ref. If he's one of the best out there, I could only imagine how bad some of the others are.

And this isn't a knock on other NBA officials. There are some good ones (IMO Danny Crawford, Greg Willard), and some bad ones (Donaghy, Joey Crawford, as well as the now-retired Steve Javie) but you obviously haven't seen any of the games he's officiated in the playoffs.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Just because he wears a whistle in the NBA does not mean he's a "helluva" ref. If he's one of the best out there, I could only imagine how bad some of the others are.

And this isn't a knock on other NBA officials. There are some good ones (IMO Danny Crawford, Greg Willard), and some bad ones (Donaghy, Joey Crawford, as well as the now-retired Steve Javie) but you obviously haven't seen any of the games he's officiated in the playoffs.

Not missed a game of the playoffs.

I don't criticize refs for missing a few calls.

I'm a ref and realize that it is extremely hard and you can never please anyone.
^ Well, hats of to you for that. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job. That has to be tough. I can understand missing a few calls, these players move fast and it's hard to see who touched the ball last, if a player stepped on the line, block or charge, etc. Nobody is perfect. But considering that it is the NBA this guy should be getting the obvious calls right.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Well, hats of to you for that. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job. That has to be tough. I can understand missing a few calls, these players move fast and it's hard to see who touched the ball last, if a player stepped on the line, block or charge, etc. Nobody is perfect. But considering that it is the NBA this guy should be getting the obvious calls right.

Well I'm considering early retirement after a few debacles this past season lol

But I honestly think these guys go out and try to do a good job and the players control the outcome of the game.
^ Man, I couldn't blame you at all for early retirement. You earn your money there, that is for sure lol. I would agree that a good majority of officials go out there and do their best. Most of the NBA ones are okay, minus the ones I had mentioned lol.
This guy just made the WORST call I have ever saw in an NBA game. He called a technical foul on Reggie Evans for high fiving his own teammate after Evans was fouled. Evans didn't bump another player with arm, he didn't appear to be trash talking, all he was doing was high fiving his teammate.

Absolute joke of a call and a ref.
^ Was just about to post this haha. This guy is really making a name for himself this year. He reminds me a lot of Steve Javie, who retired last year. Javie always did stuff like this. I always cracked up watching Allen Iverson in a game officiated by Steve Javie because you always knew something was going to happen lol. I think Rajon Rondo/Marc Davis is now the new Allen Iverson/Steve Javie lol.