Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rawlings KHSAA basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my opinion the KHSAA has adopted the worst basketball on the market for our teams to play with, we all know why $$$$. These balls don't last, they don't hold shape, one out of twelve don't maintain its pressure. Baden $55, Nike Elite $45, The Rock $25 all last longer play better.
^ I am using a 10 year-old KHSAA Rawlings ball that is still the ball picked in every adult league game that I play in. It has every bit as much usage on it than the balls that are in the High School locker rooms. I have never seen anyone with issues about the Rawlings ball.

As for Baden, I never liked that ball and the kids that I coached in AAU never liked them. The Nike ball is good. I have never used the Rock, but have not heard anyone complain about it.
I believe that schools can use other balls during regular season, but the rawlings has to be used for all post season... I am not 100% positive but I think I heard that somewhere..
Stardust Wrote:^ I am using a 10 year-old KHSAA Rawlings ball that is still the ball picked in every adult league game that I play in. It has every bit as much usage on it than the balls that are in the High School locker rooms. I have never seen anyone with issues about the Rawlings ball.

As for Baden, I never liked that ball and the kids that I coached in AAU never liked them. The Nike ball is good. I have never used the Rock, but have not heard anyone complain about it.

That may be but TOO MANY of the Rawlings balls are doing exactly what the above poster said. Of course we know why that is happening, so that schools have to REPLACE$$$$ them more often!!!
Was just talking about this the other day.

Put a Rawlings from 3 years ago next to a new one and you can see/feel the difference.

Our are warped,panels coming off, seems like thinner leather.
At our church, we still have Rawlings balls in good condition from 10 years ago, so they can last awhile. However, I prefer Nike basketballs better.
I honestly think the Rawlings balls are the best basketballs I've ever picked up.

I reffed a league that used the Baden ones and they were nice as well but they still don't hold up to the KHSAA ones.

I bought one in 2000 before I started High School and it is still the best basketball I own.
Like I said, the ones from 3 years ago was the best. Past 2 years they are atrocious....not even the same ball really.

When I played we used Wilson Jets and Spaulding.
I don't like the Rawlings myself. I see way too many of them that will not maintain air pressure. Covers also start to come off after a while. Not sure if the others are any better but I am no fan of Rawlings.
The old ones were awesome we still use some that are 5-10 years old that are used a few times a week. I havent used the new ones. I do know their footballs suck.
Baden's suuuuuuuuuuuuck! Not an option.

Rawlings are ok. Last like most others. I just hate that they are so slick after 3 months of usage. New they are the best balls on the market.

Nike Elite last longer, and maintain their tack much better in my opinion.
You guys are all wrong...it's Wilson, lol. The Wilson NCAA basketballs are the best I've ever played with, ever. A bit pricey, but I promise you, they'll last longer than any other ball you can buy.

Second, I'd put Nike Elite, and then Rawlings 3rd. I hate playing with a The Rock ball..they suck and feel weird.
I have often wondered about this. I am not a fan of the Rawlings balls at all. I feel like something about them makes them harder to shoot than a Nike, Adidas, or Baden. I am not a fan of The Rock balls.

I would go:

1. Nike
2. Baden
3. Wilson
4. Adidas
5. Rawlings
6. The Rock
I prefer the Rocks basketballs.
You guys that are Rawlings fans must not have purchased a new rawlings ball in the last couple of years. Very poor quality, I would take any of the balls that is mentioned over a rawlings. May have something to do with the fact that everyone starting purchasing the ball without question because of the tournaments.
Nike's basketballs are the best.
My son still has his KHSAA Rawlings from when he was in the 7th grade and it still looks brand new. If they were to get away from the Rawlings. The Rock would be my next choice. And yes the Wilson Jet was the bomb!
Walmart in Paintsville has the Wilson evolution game balls for $40. Putting that out there.
I thought I was the only one that felt that way about the Rawlings balls... It is the exact same ball you can get from Spalding for $25!!! "The Rock" is the best indoor basketball by far!