Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Seau family to allow concussion study of brain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Junior Seau's family will allow researchers to study his brain for signs he was suffering from damage done by concussions, the Chargers's team chaplain has told the Los Angeles Times.

Which would conclude that Head Trauma in the NFL caused the Damage.

Which will conclude in a multi-Million dollar lawsuit against the NFL for not protecting Junior from injuries to himself.

Which will conclude in the NFL putting more restrictive play in the NFL game that takes less and less of the violent hits out of the game.

Which will conclude in fans screeming that Roger Goodell is ruining the game

:Shaking:
I have seen many people say that football, as we know it, will be dead in 30 years.
^ Courts will be who kills the NFL, as former players continue to pile on lawsuits blaming others for not preventing them from disabling themselves
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have seen many people say that football, as we know it, will be dead in 30 years.

Professional flag football maybe???
Football will survive, it's the players and coaches that teach players to use their helmets like a ram and hit other players in the head that won't. Your helmet is not a weapon, it's a shield.
I can't stand Roger Goodell, but I do agree with Dusty about all the lawsuits. It is good that his brain is being used for research, but gosh, it's so sad to see this happen.
WideRight05 Wrote:I can't stand Roger Goodell, but I do agree with Dusty about all the lawsuits. It is good that his brain is being used for research, but gosh, it's so sad to see this happen.

Although I do not agree with some of the safety rules that Goodell has put in place, I like having him as the commish. He has done alot to make players responsible for their actions and/off the field.
^ I would agree with that somewhat, but his problem is the lack of consistency with how he gives punishments.

But what I just said is the players fault - because they could have pushed for something in the collective bargaining agreement to separate the role of "judge, jury, and executioner."
How many of those players if given the "facts" would not have played the game?
its the game it will happen sadly but it will...'the love of the game'