Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 25 - Owsley County 0 (3 Innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lady Engineers win Regular Season district title.

Lady Engineers will be in action monday at Wolfe County.

Lady Engineers will be at Montgomery County tuesday.
All I can say is why?
so with all the blowouts from other teams throughout the season you somehow find this one. Why?

What about any of these?

Graves County 18 - Franklin Simpson 0 (3 Innings)

Jenkins 22 - Knott Central 2 (2 Innings)

Lafayette 18 - LCA 0 (4 Innings)

North Laurel 15 - Jackson County 0 (4 Innings)

or what about couple years ago on the baseball side of things when Anderson County beat Eminence 58-0? Or what about this year when Mason County defeated Augusta, 41-0? I never recall you posting anything in those threads or any of them except this one. Why?
Strike because I knew it would bother you.....Well If I had seen those other ones I would had posted Why....Ok I'll say it know just for you Strike.... Why... are you happy? To me there is no reason to beat any team in the ground....(just my opinion Strike) You shoud reach the run rule and then stop.... (just my opinion) (North Laurel - run rule) (lafayette game he played 6th 7th 8th and 9th graders most of the game) ( i don't know about Jenkins and Knott because run rule comes at 3 innings and you have 2 innings..) ( Graves county and franklin simps don't know where that came from? did they play this year? but it's close to run rule) Strike IMO keep it close to run rule and get the game over.... Now when it comes to baseball I don't pay no attention to that. Well unless you say something about baesball than I will just to irritate you.
Strikeout King Wrote:so with all the blowouts from other teams throughout the season you somehow find this one. Why?

What about any of these?

Graves County 18 - Franklin Simpson 0 (3 Innings)

Jenkins 22 - Knott Central 2 (2 Innings)

Lafayette 18 - LCA 0 (4 Innings)

North Laurel 15 - Jackson County 0 (4 Innings)

or what about couple years ago on the baseball side of things when Anderson County beat Eminence 58-0? Or what about this year when Mason County defeated Augusta, 41-0? I never recall you posting anything in those threads or any of them except this one. Why?

I dont know about the others, but in the Jenkins vs. Knott County game, KCCs pitcher walked 17 and hit 9 batters (maybe not exact figures but something like that).
Strikeout King,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but ...

1) Even with all of those scores you posted, none of them come close to 25-0 in three innings

2) Can NOT compare blowout baseball scores to blowout softball scores. Can't do it. Not even equivalent. Until baseball adopts a three- or four-inning mercy rule, there will be some ridiculous baseball scores.

You would have been better off using these other softball games from this year:

March 20: Louisville Fairdale 31, Louisville Shawnee 0
March 26: Breathitt County 30, Cordia 0 (3 innings)
April 23: Portland Christian 29, Louisville Western 3
March 24: Russell 25, Symmes Valley, OH 0 (5 innings) AND Russell 21, Symmes Valley, OH 0 (5 innings) ... this was a 46-0 doubleheader
March 27: Louisville Doss 24, Louisville Iroquois 0
April 20: Allen Central 31, Cordia 8 (5 innings)
March 21: Daviess County 22, Owensboro 0
March 19: West Jessamine 23, Burgin 2 (5 innings)
April 14: East Carter 21, Knott County Central 0
April 25: Louisville Waggener 21, Louisville Iroquois 1 (3 innings)
cksportsfan Wrote:Strikeout King,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but ...

1) Even with all of those scores you posted, none of them come close to 25-0 in three innings

2) Can NOT compare blowout baseball scores to blowout softball scores. Can't do it. Not even equivalent. Until baseball adopts a three- or four-inning mercy rule, there will be some ridiculous baseball scores.

You would have been better off using these other softball games from this year:

March 20: Louisville Fairdale 31, Louisville Shawnee 0
March 26: Breathitt County 30, Cordia 0 (3 innings)
April 23: Portland Christian 29, Louisville Western 3
March 24: Russell 25, Symmes Valley, OH 0 (5 innings) AND Russell 21, Symmes Valley, OH 0 (5 innings) ... this was a 46-0 doubleheader
March 27: Louisville Doss 24, Louisville Iroquois 0
April 20: Allen Central 31, Cordia 8 (5 innings)
March 21: Daviess County 22, Owensboro 0
March 19: West Jessamine 23, Burgin 2 (5 innings)
April 14: East Carter 21, Knott County Central 0
April 25: Louisville Waggener 21, Louisville Iroquois 1 (3 innings)

In baseball, if a team is getting beat by 15+ runs the game ends in 4 innings
Strikeout King,

Baseball MUST go five unless there is a time limit (or 4 1/2 if home team is leading by at least).

"NFHS Rule 4-2-2 (10-Run Rule): A game is ended any time after 5 innings or after 4½
innings when the visiting team is ten or more runs behind and has completed its turn at
bat, or when the home team is behind by 10 or more runs and has completed its turn at
bat (after five innings)."

Softball can be over as quickly as 2 1/2.

Check the KHSAA baseball scoreboard by date. Best of luck finding a 4-inning game not in a tournament.
cksportsfan Wrote:Strikeout King,

Baseball MUST go five unless there is a time limit (or 4 1/2 if home team is leading by at least).

"NFHS Rule 4-2-2 (10-Run Rule): A game is ended any time after 5 innings or after 4½
innings when the visiting team is ten or more runs behind and has completed its turn at
bat, or when the home team is behind by 10 or more runs and has completed its turn at
bat (after five innings)."

Softball can be over as quickly as 2 1/2.

Check the KHSAA baseball scoreboard by date. Best of luck finding a 4-inning game not in a tournament.

Mason County mercy ruled Augusta 41-0 in 4 innings. Thatare the only games that I know of that has went that short. I never did hear or see of such until I saw the Mason/August Score on KHSAA. Augusta was the home team
Strikeout King,

I'm guessing the coaches/umps agreed to stop the Mason-Augusta game at that point. That's the ONLY game less than five-inning game I can find.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content...htown-0311

In the link above, Meade County beat Fort Knox 16-0, scoring all 16 runs in the first two innings ... game still went 4 1/2, which disproves the "four-inning up by 15 rule" you thought existed.

The Augusta-Mason game is the exception ... not the rule.
I would have stopped it too. That was bad!
ACTUAL college baseball score from 2009

Game 1 of DH: Eastern Kentucky 46, Kentucky State 1 (5 innings)
Game 2 of DH: Cancelled

KSU 100 00 - 1 8 9
EKU (22)5(19) 3x - 49 38 0

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/i...496.0.html
25-0? Wow...
What I don't understand is you play your district foes 2 times a year. Estill beat Owsley the first time like a drum.Why didnt she start some of the other girls that has never started or hasnt played very much varsity. Whats gonna happen if Gross goes down in a District or Region games is Edwards gonna be able to step in and pitch a Varsity game..... Im not knocking the Edwards girl I think she could be 1 of the top pitchers in the region if given the chance.... and what if Krana Puckett goes down with an injury who would feel here spot I know theres all kinds of what ifs. I just feel like this team has more talent than the team she took to state a few years back and if they were coached right they could make another run to state
Now you can see why I have been banging my head against the back stop :HitWall:all year long. She has better players on the bench. I think she even know she does. Some of these young players could have gotten some valuable playing time. THey have played some really weak teams. What is her deal? Does she play to please? Someone please tell me. And another thing, her asst coaches, do they know anything about the game or how to manage a game? Anybody got any comments on this?
KyCatlover Wrote:Now you can see why I have been banging my head against the back stop :HitWall:all year long. She has better players on the bench. I think she even know she does. Some of these young players could have gotten some valuable playing time. THey have played some really weak teams. What is her deal? Does she play to please? Someone please tell me. And another thing, her asst coaches, do they know anything about the game or how to manage a game? Anybody got any comments on this?

If you have a problem with your child getting playing time, I suggest you go and talk with Coach Beard either after practice or a game, getting a forum board and ranting about it won't get you anywhere. I've seen parents in football, basketball and other sports go talk to the coaches about it and their kids start getting more playing time. As for the Assistant Coaches, well I know they played Softball and usually when a kid graduates high school they usually come back and help coach the sport they played in. The teams she played this year is 2-Year Contracts from last year, you have to play them no matter what just like District Games. Dunbar, Garrard, Model, East Jess, Clark, Wolfe, Montgomery, South Laurel, Madison Central were all on there last year. I'm not sure about who contacted who with Fleming, Bath, Berea, Rockcastle and Dublin OH. I couldn't imagine Coach Beard contacting them.

I do have a question concerning the 2013 Schedule, I know the Baseball Team is high considering going to Florida next year to play in a tournament, will the Softball Team go with them?
I think according to the I9 if the boys get to do it then the girls get to go out of state and vice versa but if I'm not mistaking I think it has to be approved buy the school board for out of state travel.....but I could be wrong
Wasn't for sure on that. They should get to go, it would be a good experience for them. I know the Baseball Boosters have the money for the boys to go if they can get it arranged. I know the Boys Basketball Team went to Daytona Beach back in 05/06. I talked to Mr. Ballard and Mr. Click back during basketball season about the baseball and softball schedules and they said they didn't do the schedules that the Coaches did. I always thought that the schedules had to go by the AD before getting signed?
Strikeout King Wrote:If you have a problem with your child getting playing time, I suggest you go and talk with Coach Beard either after practice or a game, getting a forum board and ranting about it won't get you anywhere. I've seen parents in football, basketball and other sports go talk to the coaches about it and their kids start getting more playing time. As for the Assistant Coaches, well I know they played Softball and usually when a kid graduates high school they usually come back and help coach the sport they played in. The teams she played this year is 2-Year Contracts from last year, you have to play them no matter what just like District Games. Dunbar, Garrard, Model, East Jess, Clark, Wolfe, Montgomery, South Laurel, Madison Central were all on there last year. I'm not sure about who contacted who with Fleming, Bath, Berea, Rockcastle and Dublin OH. I couldn't imagine Coach Beard contacting them.

I do have a question concerning the 2013 Schedule, I know the Baseball Team is high considering going to Florida next year to play in a tournament, will the Softball Team go with them?

Yea that's what you do go and ask about your kids playing time and see where that gets you.... lol lol now that's funny....
Strikeout King Wrote:Wasn't for sure on that. They should get to go, it would be a good experience for them. I know the Baseball Boosters have the money for the boys to go if they can get it arranged. I know the Boys Basketball Team went to Daytona Beach back in 05/06. I talked to Mr. Ballard and Mr. Click back during basketball season about the baseball and softball schedules and they said they didn't do the schedules that the Coaches did. I always thought that the schedules had to go by the AD before getting signed?

Strike it can be good and bad just depends on what you go for. If you go down and play Ky teams it's a waist of time and money. You also have to have girls that are true softball players. Most girls want to go down to lay on the beach and tan and they sometimes get upset when they don't get to every day. Than you deal with moms. Guess what they want to do also. lol If you don't have players with the mind set that we are going to play softball not a vacation to play on the beach than it's ok. But don't go down and play Ky teams.
outsidein Wrote:Yea that's what you do go and ask about your kids playing time and see where that gets you.... lol lol now that's funny....

it worked in basketball and football....
It doesn't work when it comes to the softball team.... But I will tell you this a coach should never talk about position or playing time. Talk about anything else other than those two things. Just my opinion.