Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Saints Superbowl Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was watching ESPN FirstTake this morning and they were discussing whether or not the Saints Superbowl win is tainted with all the allegations of bounties and eavesdropping.

So with knowing what the Saints have been doing, do any of you think the Saints Superbowl win is Tainted?
No, not taineted at all. Bounty's had nothing to do with wins and losses. The GM hearing play calling is like in NASCAR where the airwaves are open to everyone. Tony Stewart hears for himself that Jimmie Johnson is getting four new tires, so he radios in to his crew "screw the tires, just fill up the tank" and he goes on to win. Hearing play calling can't allow you time to translate it and communicate it to your team in time to make a difference. No, it takes nothing away from winning the Super Bowl, they were the best team. Is it embarrassing and deserving of fines and sanctions - ABSOLUTELY!
I agree Dusty. Their win isn't tainted, it's not like they were taping practice like the New England scumbags, they just liked to knock the shit out of people for some extra cash, that's not really a strategic advantage (to an extent, I suppose if you hurt players it might turn the tide in your favor). But the bottom line is, the Saints were the hottest team in the NFL at the time, had nothing to do with bounties or eavesdropping or whatever the hell ESPN can shit out to keep the story alive.

But I do agree that they should be fined and suspended for the bounty program, it has no place in football, no one should EVER go out there with the intent to injure another player.
When the Saints played Peyton Manning and the Colts in the super bowl, Peyton Manning walked off the field fine other than being depressed from the loss. I don't think their super bowl win is tainted at all. Like a previous poster said, it's not like they did what the Patriots did with Spygate or anything. Although I feel the Saints are getting much, much worse than the Patriots did for that.