Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Junior Seau Passes Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly, read about this on Chad OchoCinco's facebook page. Article from Yahoo is below. RIP to one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...20394.html
Yea I just seen this on Ocho's Facebook too. It's odd that Seau is the 8th member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass away. R.I.P Seau
What?! Seau has always been one of my all-time favorite players. I really hope it wasn't suicide. Sad
^sounds like it was
HawksRule Wrote:Yea I just seen this on Ocho's Facebook too. It's odd that Seau is the 8th member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass away. R.I.P Seau

Very odd. I bet this will stir up the head injury debate even more now. R.I.P Junior Seau.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/...eaus-home/

OCEANSIDE — Former Chargers linebacker Junior Seau, an icon in his hometown of Oceanside who rose to stardom in the NFL, has died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at his beachfront home in Oceanside Wednesday.

A 911 call reporting a possible suicide was made to police at 10 a.m., a dispatcher said.
Gah man..
The video of his mom and family about killed me...why would he do this?!?!
I echo vundy's Wow! This comes as a complete shock and surprise. I was a big fan of Junior and really thought he was the formula of a perfect Football player. This guy played hard downhill football. He got the most out of his talents and never complained about his job.

As someone mentioned earlier, this certainly could be the result of something nagging that just wouldn't go away, like head injuries. The trauma that these guys go through is unimaginable. With each heartache, something usually positive results. Hopefully we see that from this tragedy.
I don't think it was suicide. I'm no conspirator but I don't think he would do that, of course I don't know him personally, but He always seemed so happy on TV, but that could be deceptive. His mom broke my heart.
^
The face of someone suffering from depression is nearly always covered with a smile.
Yeah true Zaga. But after I heard his mother again it is kind of hard to understand but she says that she talked to hm on Monday and Tuesday. Then she said she talked to a "Bad Man" on Wednesday. Maybe he had a split personality. And Marcellus Wiley talked about how he may have tried to kill himself a few years back. I am just genuinely sad for his family.
It is a sad day for the NFL. Seau was one of my all time favorites. I was shocked and sadden to read this.
I remember a few years ago when he wrecked off after a domestic dispute it was first reported he tried to kill himself and then came out he fell asleep at the wheel. Its a very sad day, even though I was never a chargers fan, Seau was one of my favorites of all time.
Sad Sad day for NFL fans.
zaga_fan Wrote:^
The face of someone suffering from depression is nearly always covered with a smile.

An expert in microexpressions would be good for that.
If anyone has ever watched the show Lie To Me, thats what it was about....Great show.
He was always a class act.

Raider Nation mourns his passing.
From what I've heard, Seau was battling with depression and dementia for several years which are starting to be linked to brain damage from multiple concussions and head injuries. There are a lot of people that look happy in public, but are dealing with deep personal issues like this.

I was and still am heartbroken to hear about Seau's death. A great player and he an even better person.
^
Dude was messed up from playing football so much.
Very sad...

They say it was a shot to his chest. If you are going to do it why would you shoot yourself in the chest? Sadly though, he will not be the last player to have mental unstability from multiple concussions if they determine that to be the case.
judgementday Wrote:Very sad...

They say it was a shot to his chest. If you are going to do it why would you shoot yourself in the chest? Sadly though, he will not be the last player to have mental unstability from multiple concussions if they determine that to be the case.

I think he wanted his brain to be study for the long term effects of multiple head injuries.
The underlying story to all of this is that he shot himself in the chest to preserve the brain the best way possible for study.
Just a thought....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The underlying story to all of this is that he shot himself in the chest to preserve the brain the best way possible for study.
Just a thought....
I had not even thought of that. It is a very good point.