Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 3 Pikeville 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry gets 3 in the top of the 7th to win the game at Davis Park.

Just poor offense from Pikeville again. PHS gets to content when a pitcher is shutting a team down and has no urgency to score, and then when a team works around 3 runs (which is no huge number), it is too late to flip the switch.

Belfry's Field threw 23 in the 1st inning, but threw no more than 14 pitches in any of the next 6 innings. PHS had 5 batters come to the plate in the 1st and no more than 4 for the final six.

PHS has to see more pitches, get on base, and have a better approach at the dish. When the top of the order is not producing, this team will struggle as of now. It is no secret.

I did see a lot of good from this game, however. Ward threw exceptionally well through 5, allowing only 2 hits. Gavin Miller was sensational at short (Fransisco of Belfry was also very solid).

PHS falls to 16-6. 2 losses to Belfry, 2 to Prestonsburg, and one to Greenup and Hazard.

I feel like if the team can get hot at the right time, PHS will be fine because the losses are all close, minus Hazard. Just have to catch some breaks and continue to pitch the ball well.

Go Panthers!
Talk about giving one away. I saw two innings (parts of first, sixth & seventh) and Pikeville had two runners taken off the basebaths by poor baserunning. I go to about 10 games a year and it seems like Pikeville always leads the world in baserunning mistakes. I agree with PT though, Pikeville will be right there in the regional hunt.
jetpilot Wrote:Talk about giving one away. I saw two innings (parts of first, sixth & seventh) and Pikeville had two runners taken off the basebaths by poor baserunning. I go to about 10 games a year and it seems like Pikeville always leads the world in baserunning mistakes. I agree with PT though, Pikeville will be right there in the regional hunt.
Baserunning has been a little better this season (Tonight was unacceptable though). The past couple were awful. A lot of that would be Taylor Ratliff's high risk/high reward base running style lol.
Congrats Pirates!!! When do district tourneys start?
No reason Pikeville shouldn't have had a W this game. Ward tossed too good a game to have a save failed. Then again, no runs for breathing room. Belfry did a good job on executing when needed. They snapped PHS' 10 game home win streak with 2 outs to go.
Not much more time left to "shake this one off and get the next one"