Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adam Vinatieri signs with colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are your reactions to this signing?
Glad Vinateri is no longer a Patriot
I'm really not sure why they dropped him and why a team with one of the great kickers picked him up...
TennisCAT23 Wrote:I'm really not sure why they dropped him and why a team with one of the great kickers picked him up...

Only reason that could even be possible to me is because Vinatieri hits kicks in the clutch. That's the only reason that would make any sense to me, and even that doesn't make a lot of sense
The patriots had to release vinatieri because of salary cap and he was a free agent. the colts picked him up because mike vanderjagt said that he wouldnt be returning to the colts next season
i like vinateiri more than vanderjagt
ugly for pats
Blast Tyrant Wrote:ugly for pats

Pats are falling apart
I have never heard of dropping a kicker to free up cap room......Also i dont know why the colts would drop the best kicker in the league. Bad move on both teams parts IMO. And the only way vinatieri can hit a field goal is when he cant see the goal posts because of the snow!! haha
corndog23 Wrote:I have never heard of dropping a kicker to free up cap room......Also i dont know why the colts would drop the best kicker in the league. Bad move on both teams parts IMO. And the only way vinatieri can hit a field goal is when he cant see the goal posts because of the snow!! haha

Especially probly the most clutch kicker in the history of the game (won't lie, don't know a whole lot about kickers, but, from what I do, he's the most clutch)
Colts didnt drop him, he told themhe wasnt coming back.
hes a good pickup
corndog23 Wrote:I have never heard of dropping a kicker to free up cap room......Also i dont know why the colts would drop the best kicker in the league. Bad move on both teams parts IMO. And the only way vinatieri can hit a field goal is when he cant see the goal posts because of the snow!! haha

And how many superbowls has vanderjagt's foot won?
Scary, to me the GREATEST KICKER OF ALL TIME is now on turf and not in blizzard like situations!
Bad for the Pats, Good pickup for the Colts.
Colts made a good choice... he's a great kicker
maybe he can bring them some post season luck