Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 BOYS Kentucky All-Star Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2012 BOYS Kentucky All-Star Team -

#1 Nathan Dieudonne, Trinity – 2012 Mr. Kentucky Basketball
#2 Matt Day, Buckhorn
#3 Charles Foster, Trinity
#4 Jay Johnson, Woodford Co
#5 Twin Lancaster, Logan Co
#6 Tamron Manning, Scott Co.
#7 Jaysean Paige, Perry Co. Central
#8 Alan Bopper Stenzel, George Rodgers Clark
#9 Jeril Taylor, Pleasure Ridge Park
#10 Mike Terry, Fairview
#11 DJ Townsend, Rowan Co.
#12 Adam Wing, Rowan Co.
#13 Mekale McKay, Moore

Coach: Jason Booher, Holmes

Assistants: Allen Feldhaus Jr., Madison Central and Chris O’Hearn, Mason County

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/
Special Congrats to Matt Day, Jaysean Paige, and Coach Allan Feldhaus.

Congrats to all the kids and good luck.
I don't know that the16th Region had three good enough to make the team but I'm pleased for Michael Terry.
Congrats guys.

I just hope they can keep the game close.
Congrats to all!
I'm trying to figure out how Corey Gregg didn't make the team!! If your trying to telll me Corey isn't one of the top 13 seniors in the state I will say you don't know basketball!
American Dream Wrote:I'm trying to figure out how Corey Gregg didn't make the team!! If your trying to telll me Corey isn't one of the top 13 seniors in the state I will say you don't know basketball!
Some had a much better try out than he did. There were others that did not have a good try out either and didn't make the team. A suprise to some may be Twin Lancaster of Logan Co and Mike Terry of Fairview, both had really good tryouts.
Thought they both would make it and they did.
Lancaster does not surprise me. He was the most athletic kid I watched last year.
Truth Wrote:I don't know that the16th Region had three good enough to make the team but I'm pleased for Michael Terry.

Terry is a player! Just hard to be seen at the school he attended.
I still believe in miracles and i congratulate all these players for getting the chance to represent the state

but... its not looking good for the Bluegrass
toussaints Wrote:I still believe in miracles and i congratulate all these players for getting the chance to represent the state

but... its not looking good for the Bluegrass

I agree, it won't even be close IMO.
Good to see a couple locals on the team. Good luck to Day and Paige!
Congrats!
Really??? Apparently you don't know basketball.
American Dream Wrote:I'm trying to figure out how Corey Gregg didn't make the team!! If your trying to telll me Corey isn't one of the top 13 seniors in the state I will say you don't know basketball!

Unlike Terry, Gregg is clearly not one of the thirteen top seniors in Kentucky. Apparently college recruiters agreed.
I love Corey Gregg and think he is a great high school guard and hope he does well at the next level. I think the problem is that he plays the same position as Manning, Paige, Terry, Foster and Wing and there just was no room for him on the roster. He is probably more skilled than some of the others on the roster, but since he doesn't play the point or play inside, there was no room for him.
worker1 Wrote:I love Corey Gregg and think he is a great high school guard and hope he does well at the next level. I think the problem is that he plays the same position as Manning, Paige, Terry, Foster and Wing and there just was no room for him on the roster. He is probably more skilled than some of the others on the roster, but since he doesn't play the point or play inside, there was no room for him.

Since neither Terry nor Gregg ever played in the state tournament and since their respective schools played pretty much a local schedule, they didn't get much exposure statewide. While Terry is clearly a better basketball player and a better college prospect than is Gregg, lack of exposure and playing on mediocre teams definitely hurt both in the end. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Since neither Terry nor Gregg ever played in the state tournament and since their respective schools played pretty much a local schedule, they didn't get much exposure statewide. While Terry is clearly a better basketball player and a better college prospect than is Gregg, lack of exposure and playing on mediocre teams definitely hurt both in the end. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

Selection to the All Star team was based on the try outs. Not what they did during the season.
Gold Charger Wrote:Selection to the All Star team was based on the try outs. Not what they did during the season.

I'm sure that past history, reputation, and achievement played into the mix. Selectors cannot completely wipe the slate clean just for tryouts.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I'm sure that past history, reputation, and achievement played into the mix. Selectors cannot completely wipe the slate clean just for tryouts.

Then why didn't these kids make it?

Taylor Barnett
Jaylen Beckham
Max Clemmons
Isaiah Ivey
Devan Rowan

To name a few.
^Because there were only 13 slots IMO they got them right from what they had to choose from.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Because there were only 13 slots IMO they got them right from what they had to choose from.

I agree, I was replying to HRV.
Things like this are always a political thing, but I am actually pretty happy with the roster this year for the most part. I wish all these young men the best. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope we kick the crap out of Indiana.
Jeril Taylor made it over Max Clemmons so clearly he had a better try out because Clemmons was the go to guy on that team all year! Taylor wasn't even the second option on the team.
He can't run or jump or guard anyone. I'm not sure what you are watching. Scored very well in a run and gun offense in a poor region and had the green light from the opening tip. I like the kid, and he's a gifted scorer considering his physical limitations. But you need to get a copy of basketball for Dummies if you think he's a top 15 player in this state.
The above is true. The 16th region had a few pretty good players, but the drop off in talent from those few "elite" was a pretty good fall. Gregg really had very little competition in the post within the region so he had pretty good stats. He had a very nice career, but no way he is one of the top 15 players in the state, even among just the senior class.
Trouble Wrote:He can't run or jump or guard anyone. I'm not sure what you are watching. Scored very well in a run and gun offense in a poor region and had the green light from the opening tip. I like the kid, and he's a gifted scorer considering his physical limitations. But you need to get a copy of basketball for Dummies if you think he's a top 15 player in this state.

Your first three sentences and your last sentence are right on target.
Max Clemmons hurt his knee and did not attend try-outs. Also, Isiah Ivey and Taylor Barnette were no-shows, as well.
What are the dates for the ky/indiana games?
Is each player given the same amount of minutes?
Pages: 1 2