Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 103 - Nuggets 88 (Game 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great effort by the Lakers in game 1. A lot of things went right for them in this game. Bynum with a triple double of 10 points, 13 rebounds, and tying an NBA record with ten blocks. Pau Gasol also came close to a triple double with 13 points, 8 boards, and 8 assists. Kobe had 31, around his usual. But I think the key to winning this game was the supporting players coming in and playing so well. Jordan Hill put together a double double of 10 points and 10 boards, including a few offensive boards. Ebanks had 14 points, and Steve Blake hit three 3-pointers during a 3 minute stretch to put the Lakers up double digits early against the Nuggets. I thought the problem for the Nuggets was the length of the Lakers. That will be a constant problem for them throughout this series. I think the Lakers will win this one in four or five, although I wouldn't count the Nuggets out yet. I also think the Nuggets will be a very good team these next few years provided they stay together. All five starters are 26 or younger, and they have a couple that are 22. IMO Danilo Gallinari will be a star.