Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Memphis Heat: The True Story of Memphis Wrasslin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guy's, I have a big collection of Wrestling DVD's and have read just about every book on the market, I truly love the history of this spectacle. I have read and heard so much about the DVD on the Memphis territory, and finally decided to order this. It came in yesterday, and I sat down and watched it today. This is hands down the best wrestling documentary that I have watched yet. They did an incredible job of telling a story of the most remarkable territory in the business. I remember as a kid watching it on a fuzzy screen, with it taking a handful of twists and turns on the rabbit ears to get it to come in. This documentary brought back a lot of great memories.

See if you can track it down at your library, it's well worth it. Memphis Heat is the new king of professional wrestling movies. It's that damn good to steal a catchphrase. Mixing vintage pictures, archival footage, interviews with several of the key players over a rock and roll soundtrack this film manages to convey the emotion, excitement and intensity of one of the top territories in the country. The DVD adds several stellar extras including some great anecdotes that did not make the movie, several key moments from Memphis TV and the Coliseum. This is a must have for any wrestling library. B Memphis Heat which was based on the superb photo book Sputnik, Masked Men and Midgets this documentary covers the Memphis grappling scene from the 60s until the mid 80s. Jerry "the King" Lawler , "Superstar" Bill Dundee , Jerry Jarrett , Sputnik Monroe and many others share some personal memories about several key moments in the territory. Excellently paced and always engaging this should be the blueprint not just for wrestling films but documentaries in general. Check out the extras for stories about segregation, assault, bad payoffs and more. A+++ Review by Jobber Joe panelist on Roundtable Wrestling Radio and author of Wrestling With Sports and Entertainment
http://www.memphisheatthemovie.com/

[Image: MemphisHeatLoPoster.jpg]

Quote:Including almost 4 hours of Memphis wrestling insanity, storytelling, and action plus the amazing Doug Easley soundtrack, the Memphis Heat DVD is receiving massive praise from all corners of the world:

Pro Wrestling Torch: “It’s the best, most entertaining pro wrestling documentary I have ever seen.”
Wrestlezone: “Memphis Heat is a must see.”
Surrender to the Void: “An extraordinary yet entertaining documentary.”
Camel Clutch Blog: “I can’t ever recall watching a documentary and waking up the next day and wanting to watch it again until Memphis Heat.”
Houston Sports Zone: “This documentary is a must watch of any wrestling fan.”
Flick Attack: “Memphis Heat emerges a winner.”
Legendary wrestling personality Jim Ross: “Awesome!”
Two Sheds: “Big thumbs up!”
Cinema Suicide: “Never boring, always on point, Memphis Heat is a love letter to sports entertainment.”
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: “Memphis Heat comes flying of the top turnbuckle and pins the story of this wild little world to the mat with style.”

Star of Memphis Heat, Jerry "the King" Lawler drops in on Bob Edwards December 1st to talk Memphis Heat here!!!
[YOUTUBE="Memphis Heat"]7GDOAuT8H_0[/YOUTUBE]
I ordered a book with much of the same information from the DVD, so I'll give everyone my thoughts after I read it.

Memphis Wrestling History Presents 1982

[Image: 51ylZONnXIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]

Quote:Step back in time to 1982 and relive the matches, personalities and stories from Memphis Wrestling's greatest year. With performers like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Dutch Mantell, Jackie Fargo's Fabulous Ones, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette, Ric Flair, Nick Bockwinkel, Tojo Yamamoto, Kimala, Adrian Street, Lance Russell, Dave Brown and Andy Kaufman, it's no wonder 1982 is looked back on with such reverence. For the first time you can read the story about what made Jerry Jarrett's Memphis promotion the hottest regional wrestling territory in the country in 1982.