Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sad Day At Pond Creek?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many rumors are out about the coaches of the Lady Pirates right now. Can someone please let us know whats going on?:confused:
Wow, word gets out fast but no need to keep everyone confused. As a great friend of many of the lady pirates, I heard about this yesterday after Coach Gannon and his assistant called meeting with the girls. I saw one of the girls at Wal-Mart right after that and her face was pretty swelled up from crying and her eyes were red. She told me about the emotional locker room it was for the Lady Pirates yesterday and now they are just hoping and praying they can get someone in their to treat them as good as Coach Mark Gannon and Shannon Mullins did. She said that everyone was pretty sad about it but none of them took it personal. They know they have great things ahead of them, they just want a good coach. It should be coming out in the paper soon .. The girls friend that was with her plays on the team too and I remember her saying "It's sure going to be hard to replace these two coaches,they were both wonderful and nothing less than great to us .. we just hope someone can come in here and be as dedicated and love us like our coaches did over the past years" They also told me if nobody takes the job before the summer that Coach told them he would call them all back together and find out where they wanted to go and take them to summer camp!.. GOOD JOB MARK GANNON AND HIS STAFF, YOU HAVE REALLY MADE SOMETHING OUT OF THIS PROGRAM AND EVERYONE IS VERY PROUD OF YOU, YOU ARE A CLASS ACT AND EVERYONE AT BELFRY HAS NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR YOU!

To the Lady Pirates, you guys are still going to be great. We all know you have a great future and that you are loosing two good people, but I'm sure that you will get a great coach and be treated awesome! Don't let none of this get you down, stay strong, pull through this together and the fans are behind you all the way!!
Where are Mark Gannon and Shannon Mullins going?
Sad, very sad..Why is he leaving?
They aren't going anywhere. The girls sad she's got to think about a family and things. Mark Gannon will still be at Belfry so far, they are having that new freshman academy, word is that he is getting that principal job?

Yeah, I felt really bad for the girls, they looked pretty tore up.
I knew that Mark was working on becoming a principal and had heard that he would be the principal of the "freshman academy", just didn't know if it was true or not.
Yeah,basically all you are hearing now is probably true. The schools been holding a lot of the meetings for it and I talked to a teacher and she said it's pretty much a done deal that he's got it. Well, actually I know it's a done deal now because he told her if he got the freshman academy pricipal, he would not coach anymore.

I hate it for the girls, a lot of people disliked him and I'm sure they did at times but what player don't get mad at their coach? What I saw of him and when the team was together he treated the girls great! They were all big one family, I'm sure some of them are still at home taking it hard right now.
Mark Gannon did a tremendous job as the Belfry girls coach.
He always showed a lot of class and his teams represented the school well.
Thanks, fox sports, thats mean a lot to us fans at Belfry just to see how respected we are out in the region, Gannon was all about dicipline and respect! I hear a lot of people are interested in the job, I'm excited to see who will take it.
Good Luck to Mark & Shannon !!!
Have any names been mentioned as interested in the position?

BallaBaby

I played for him and Halbert the summer of my 8th grade year for an AAU team(2000). I loved Coach Gannon, he was a great guy and coach. I wish him nothing but the best!
I've heard two, Tussey and Clay Campbell
but everyones talking there are a lot interested

I talked to a couple of the girls I hadn't talked to yet earlier this season and they said they were still trying to get over all of it. It's like they are still in shock and it hasn't hit them that the two coaches they have had forever aren't returning next year. They said just about what all the other girls have told me that they loved Coach Gannon and Coach Mullins. I asked them about all the people that hate him and stuff and how it probably made some people happy and they said well it may have made the a "select" few happy but it really hurt us and they told me that Coach Gannon was very strict and diciplined but thats why they had so much success and were so close as a team and they all loved him and he treated them the best and gave them just about anything they ever asked for! Hopefully someone can come in there and make them girls feel just as comfortable as Mark Gannon did.
There is a short list being compiled for the new coach when I have definite names I will confrim, but I know of 2 already being mentioned.

Coach Gannon did a great job so someone will have some huge shoes to fill.
Tussey would be one of the favorties but earlier in this semester we were talking and she said she wanted to stay at Pike Central...But on the other hand with this whole suite and such going on it could very well happen and would be great for Belfry...To the girls you all can work through it and be better than ever this should bring your together more as a team and will just make you stronger than ever...I personaly hated to watch Gannon coach but it was out of jelousy know he was such a great coach and feared him tremendously...The red and white couldnt have been worn by a better coach...Good Luck on you future endevours and good luck to the young ladies keep those heads up and show no matter what your still here and ready to win...
I would think Tussey will have a tough time getting hired at a Pike County school with a pending lawsiut against the board.
It is a sad day indeed.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Tussey would be one of the favorties but earlier in this semester we were talking and she said she wanted to stay at Pike Central...But on the other hand with this whole suite and such going on it could very well happen and would be great for Belfry...To the girls you all can work through it and be better than ever this should bring your together more as a team and will just make you stronger than ever...I personaly hated to watch Gannon coach but it was out of jelousy know he was such a great coach and feared him tremendously...The red and white couldnt have been worn by a better coach...Good Luck on you future endevours and good luck to the young ladies keep those heads up and show no matter what your still here and ready to win...

Good Post, a lot of people didn't like coach Gannon but it was out of jealousy, he is a great guy. I mean when I talked to some of the girls they even told me "I never thought I'd cry the day Coach Gannon left" The girls are determined to be good this year and they will be good, still and always a very strong contender in the 15th region TongueirateSho

COACH GANNON : YOU HAVE DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB AT BELFRY, EVERYONE RESPECTS YOU EVEN IF THEY AREN'T FROM BELFRY DEEP DOWN THEY KNOW YOU ARE ONE HECK OF A COACH AND YOU DON'T FIND SOMEONE LIKE YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO, YOU BROUGHT THE GIRLS FROM BELFRY UP TO BE YOUNG LADYS AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU ALWAYS SHOWED CLASS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT GREAT FOR US FANS, WE WILL MISS YOU

SHANNON MULLINS : WHAT I SEEN OF YOU, YOU WERE A GREAT COACH, ALL I EVER HEARD THEM JV PLAYERS TALK ABOUT WAS HOW THEY WERE UNDEAFTED AND I KNOW THEY COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT A GREAT PERSON LIKE YOU, ALL THE GIRLS TALK SO GOOD TO ME ABOUT YOU AND I KNOW THEY WILL MISS YOU VERY MUCH AND IT WON'T BE THE SAME NOT SEEING COACH GANNON THROW HIS JACKET AT YOU Smile CONGRADULATIONS ON WHAT YOU HAVE DONE BY BUILDING OUR YOUNGER KIDS UP AND GETTING THEM READY FOR THE VARSITY, NOBODY COULD'VE DONE A BETTER JOB.