Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nickname: Cougars

Head Coach: Paul Rains

2011: 4-7

Playoffs: 1st Round

Players lost to graduation: 11

2012 Varsity Schedule
Aug 17, 12 Southwestern (at EKU) Roy Kidd Bowl
Aug 24, 12 Breathitt County (away) 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 12 Franklin County (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 7, 12 Montgomery County (home) 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 Lawrence County (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 Russell County (home) 8:00 PM
Oct 5, 12 Harlan County (home) 7:30 PM Friends of Coal Bowl
Oct 12, 12 Perry County Central (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Whitley County (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Greenup County (away) 7:30 PM
Hope the cougars can rebuild with the new coach. I would like to see some of the boys that didnt play last year come out. Hope "big Willie" will get healthy and play. He could really help the cougars if he puts out. As far as running backs they should be ok. Lineman will probably be their biggest weak spot. Would like to see alot of enthusiasm this year and play as a team. They have several good athletes but gonna have a few weak spots that could really prevent them from winning.
I can see maybe 6-4
I talked to a few of the kids at a recent LCC baseball game that have been doing spring practice and they all seem real enthusiastic about the new coach. I know Trevor Napier is playing and he has put on some muscle. He didnt play last year, and Hunter Hall has bulked up some. I think Hunter could have a real good year if he keeps working hard. The boys were talking about getting other players to come out and we can only hope they will. Bottom line is they gotta come cause they want to, and not quit when things dont go their way. LCC lost alot of talent that didnt win many games and I think this coming season community expectations are very low. With that being said I believe the cougars could surprise alot of people. Chris Tyree should have a good year, we need some "tuff, hardhitting guys to step up on Defense and becom leaders. Big Willie Smith HAS GOT to produce to reach his potential. Ryan Alzaraki(?spelling) could step in at tight end and produce. Alot of factors surrounds this team and their success. Hope it all pans out!
I look for leadership from Chris Tyree and Keaston Hall, those are just a few, but I am sure many will step up and be a leader on and off the field. I know that they are more out there that could step up and lead this football team.
I wish all the kids of lcc the best of luck and hope they have a great season.
I heard tonight that Raines is bringing 1 or2 players of his own. If he does ,it is rumored l key players are transferring. Is it not amazing that when a Letcher central player transfers to another school that Oz contests it,and the player sits out a season. But when LCC gets a football player, they can play right away. Is that not the pot calling the kettle black? If what Raines is planning ( by the way The positions are not for the line but rather backfield positions) is true, what will Oz think when he loses a couple of players?
I have not heard that rummer. Oz has alot of connections that might be the reason why. I agree that if someone wants to leave, because of the coaching change they should be able to play now. That is just my take on it.
Tiredofblue Wrote:I heard tonight that Raines is bringing 1 or2 players of his own. If he does ,it is rumored l key players are transferring. Is it not amazing that when a Letcher central player transfers to another school that Oz contests it,and the player sits out a season. But when LCC gets a football player, they can play right away. Is that not the pot calling the kettle black? If what Raines is planning ( by the way The positions are not for the line but rather backfield positions) is true, what will Oz think when he loses a couple of players?

Not much of a way to build a program. Sure doesn't show the kids at LCC much.
HAT51 Wrote:Not much of a way to build a program. Sure doesn't show the kids at LCC much.

Yeah, walk right in the living room and say "Hey, you guys ain't good enough! I brought my own!"
Yogibear Wrote:Yeah, walk right in the living room and say "Hey, you guys ain't good enough! I brought my own!"

I bet he would do it if they would come.
Tiredofblue Wrote:I heard tonight that Raines is bringing 1 or2 players of his own. If he does ,it is rumored l key players are transferring. Is it not amazing that when a Letcher central player transfers to another school that Oz contests it,and the player sits out a season. But when LCC gets a football player, they can play right away. Is that not the pot calling the kettle black? If what Raines is planning ( by the way The positions are not for the line but rather backfield positions) is true, what will Oz think when he loses a couple of players?
I'm waiting with baited breath to see if this happens. If it doesn't are you going to come back here and apologize? If it happens are you going to be calling the khsaa like you should?
I'll just stay positive and wish the Cougars the best of luck this season. Could be a very long season....
Anytime there is a new coach with a new team there is always talk of transfers and all kinds of alagations. We haven't even had the first practice yet. Some people just wants to start rumors.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Anytime there is a new coach with a new team there is always talk of transfers and all kinds of alagations. We haven't even had the first practice yet. Some people just wants to start rumors.

Agree with this Cougar Pride.
With the season right around the corner any news of players that may be coming out that did not play prior to Coach Rains arrival. Are the Cougars participating in any passing leagues? How do you feel the players will adapt to the changes?
Very tough schedule for the cougars 4-6 is my prediction. Russell,Co, Harlan,cent,Whitey,Franklin and Southwestern will be hard games for them.
How does he bring his own players ?? Did these guys move from Lexington to Mercer last year and now moving to Letcher.
No one has moved here
I assumed not I just didn't understand the "bringing his own players" comment.
Hate to say it, but with that kind of schedule I only see them going 2-8.
Good luck to Rains and the boys at LCC.
I am a huge fan of Paul Rains!!. The best of luck to him. I am a Montgomery County fan, but when we had Rains in the 90's he won with nothing. Give him a few years and you will love him.
Looks like the Cougars have about 40 kids come out for conditioning this week. I noticed a few key players have not attended this week, dont know if they are not playing or what but they need some size on both sides of the line.
Paul will do Letcher Central a Great Job. Good Luck to him and the Team.
I hope that Mr. Rains can get it going acrthe hill. He has done well at all of his stops. LCC is young and has a very, very, tough schedule.
Cougars go 7 on 7 with Hazard tonight at LCC. Should be a good learning experience for the Cougars which lost alot to graduation. LCC does have some speed but the inexperience will take some time.
Rains is the best coach LCC has had IMO.
It might be a long year, but the man can build a program.
The problem is, how long will he stay?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Rains is the best coach LCC has had IMO.
It might be a long year, but the man can build a program.
The problem is, how long will he stay?

Hillard Howard, hands down. No contest.
^
How many teams did Howard win regions with and take to state?

Rains is the best coach possible for their future.
Pages: 1 2 3