Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pro wrestler Buff Bagwell seriously injured in wreck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pro wrestler Marcus "Buff" Bagwell remained in intensive care Tuesday night after being seriously injured in a Cherokee County wreck, a wrestling spokesman told the AJC

Bagwell flipped his Jeep several times on Towne Lake Parkway late Monday, leaving him with broken bones in his neck and face and a broken jaw, Ron Gossett, president of Universal Championship Wrestling, said Tuesday night.

Bagwell, 42, was transported to WellStar Kennestone Hospital, where he remains sedated due to the extent of his injuries, Gossett said.

"Hopefully, he'll make a full recovery," Gossett said.

Bagwell, a Cobb County native, attended Sprayberry High School before his wrestling career began. He is best known for his tenure with World Championship Wrestling from 1991 until 2001, when he was five-time World Tag Team champion. Bagwell suffered a broken neck wrestling in 1998, but was later able to return to the ring.
http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/pro-wre...25460.html
Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
I always liked Buff Bagwell. He did a good job in WCW and I hate to see this happen. Get well soon!
I loved him, but the boy's always wanted to kill him (Big Poppa Pump tried)
Stardust Wrote:I loved him, but the boy's always wanted to kill him (Big Poppa Pump tried)

What's story to this? I never heard about it.
^Whether it is legitimate or not, I saw him wrestle at a church in London, back when Ted DeBiase has the Christian wrestling stuff.
Westside Wrote:What's story to this? I never heard about it.

These two got into it several years back in the locker room. Buff tended to rub guys the wrong way. The Steiners were shooters, thus not guys to mess with. Scottie choked out Buff and it took several guys to pull him off.

He was let go from WWF because of a scuffle with Greg "Hurricane" Helms. Buff, about 30 pounds heavier than Helms, got a bottle upside his head because he made the mistake of playfully slapping Helms. Helms laid him out with the bottle.