Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 11 Hazard 0 (6 Innings) All 'A' Sectionals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pburg beats the Bulldogs in 6 innings and will move on to Whitaker Bank Ballpark to compete for a All 'A' state championship.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
Congrats Pburg!!

Represent the 15th!
Fantastic game for the Blackcats. Trey Stapleton pitched an absolute gem of a game for Pburg.

Score was 4-0 in the top of the 6th when the Blackcats blew it open with 7 runs...courtesy of an Adam Crisp bases loaded triple and a Kyle Chaffins Grand Slam.

Best offensive performance in some time by the Blackcats against some very nice Hazard pitchers.

Good luck in Lexington!!!
Surprised by the score,thought it would be closer.Hazard couldn't get anything going.Give credit where credit is due.Good luck Pburg and congrats.
P-burg is playing in the ALL A Baseball Tournament. Is this some sort of joke?????? My god, arent you guys 3A in football or 4A?
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:P-burg is playing in the ALL A Baseball Tournament. Is this some sort of joke?????? My god, arent you guys 3A in football or 4A?

2A. The "All A" Tournament is really closer to an "All A and AA" Tournament.
Prestonsburg showed up ready to play. They looked impressive at the plate and made the playes they needed to in the field. Congratulations, and good luck in Lexington.

Hazard is making way to many first game of the season type errors.swinging at bad pitches, not running out balls that are put in play, etc. Then they seem to always want to complain and try to put the blame on something, or someone else instead of taking ownership of their own actions. To be +20 games into the season the Dawgs seem to be backing up and need to do a lot of GROWING UP!
Congrats to Coach Simpkins and the BlackCats!
Congrats Prestonsburg! You all played a great game.
Very impressed with the team and Coach Simpkins. This guy is definitely the front runner for coach of the year in the 15th region.

A couple key plays early. Great coaching strategy by Simpkins in the top of the second, having Shelton bunt to put Brown in scoring position with only 1 out. Hazards error the next batter made the score 1-0. In the top of the 4th Brown hit a triple with 2 on and 2 out to make it 4-0. Huge momentum swing at this point. If Hazard gets that out going into the bottom of the 4th 2-0 instead of 4-0 it could have been an entirely different outcome.

Then of course in the 6th the double by Crisp to empty the bases and the GRAND SLAM by Chaffin ran the score to 11-0.

Defensively the Cats were on their game behind an outstanding performance on the mound by Stapleton. Shepard was great behind the plate as usual. Great communication Anderson calling Shelton off a ground ball to make a play on the other side of second base. Welch was solid in center field as he has been all year.

These stats are not 100% accurate but a comparison of the two games played against the Bulldogs. In the first meeting the Cats walked 13, had 5 errors and struck out 9 times. Last night the Cats had 3 walks, 1 error (which resulted in a double play) and 3 struck out.

I know I singled out certain plays and players (which I normally don’t do) but this was a TOTAL TEAM effort. Congrats Blackcats and good luck at Whitaker Bank Ball Park.
Congrats Blackcats!!! REPRESENT young men!!!
Some pictures of this game starting here.... http://community.webshots.com/album/5825...start=1356