Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 114 - Thunder 106 (2 OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
This was one great game. The elbow, the overtimes.
I remember when I posted a top 5 PGs in the NBA thread last year...
Westbrook made it into a few lists and if I'm not mistaken was #1 on at least one.

He lost the game for them today...

3-22 from the field and the turnover that sealed it for LA.

I used to be a fan but right now he isn't the complementary player to Durant that he used to be.

He had 10 assists and I guarantee you he could have turned those 19 missed shots to about 10 more assists if he wanted to.
Also...
what did you guys make of Kobe's effort in the 4th quarter and OT?
Lakers needed this one.
Lakers needed for the building to cave in on all of them! I keep hoping they are in town when the Big Quake finally sinks California into the ocean!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I've got some extra time on me this week...

So, I am going to give a "straight down the middle" analysis (doesn't fit my name well does it?).

Lakers

*I will give Kobe his due today, he made some excellent shots from the outside late in the game. Sefolosha played excellent defense on Kobe Bryant and he still hit his shots.
*Ron Artest - 12 points, 5 boards, 3 steals, an assist, and an ejection in one half. Dumbass.
*Jordan Hill - 14 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks. Had a huge impact late in the overtimes on the offensive boards.
*Devin Ebanks - Held his own with 8 points, two HUGE steals in overtime.
*Andrew Bynum was benched late in the 3rd quarter. He did not return to the game.
*Made a great comeback after being down 18 at one point.

Thunder

*Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook missed a combined 42 shots in the game. The Thunder were STILL up 18 at one point and in a position to win the game.
*Thabo Sefolosha is as good of a defender as there is in the NBA. Kobe Bryant earned every point he scored on this guy. His defense really impressed me.
*Hope James Harden is okay. That elbow had to hurt. He had 14 points before he was injured. He did suffer a concussion.
*Up 18 and didn't pull it out. Durant had an off night but took much smarter shots than Westbrook. I thought Westbrook forced a lot of shots when he could have passed.
*Ibaka with 18 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks. The guy is an animal.

Overall, this game reminds me a lot of the Kentucky/Louisville game of 2005. Kentucky trailed 32-16 at halftime. Tubby Smith tried different rotations in the second half, and the team made a huge comeback with guys off the bench like Josh Carrier and Brandon Stockton. He kept the lineup in that worked, and Kentucky ended up winning the game 60-58 even with guys like Rajon Rondo and Randolph Morris on the bench. Today, Andrew Bynum was benched in the 3rd quarter and Mike Brown made the decision not to put him back in even though he had 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Sessions also did not play in the overtimes, and was benched in the 4th quarter. The lineup with Blake, Kobe, Ebanks, Jordan Hill, and Gasol worked and the Lakers ended up coming back and winning the game in two overtimes.
MWP elbow had a huge effect on this game. Losing Harden in the second quarter hurt OKC down the stretch. I think they win this game had he been in the game still.
^I guess MWP did help his team in this one lol
Kobe was Kobe.
There so dirty.