Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pat Summitt Retires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tennessee Lady Volunteers Head Coach Pat Summitt has retired.
One of the best coaches to ever coach the game of basketball.
UK's Mitchell responds to Summitt announcement

“I want to thank Pat Summitt for all she has done for the sport of women’s basketball. Her 1,098 wins, eight national titles and numerous conference titles are just a few of her staggering statistics and accomplishments. What I think is more important about Pat Summitt than her impressive statistics, is the millions of people she has and continues to inspire. She motivated so many people during her 38 years to accomplish their dreams. Words can never express adequately how much gratitude I personally have for Coach Summitt. I am living a dream, coaching at Kentucky, because she gave me an opportunity to learn from her many years ago. Jenna and I will continue to support the Pat Summitt Foundation and Coach Summitt’s effort to bring awareness to this disease that she is so courageously fighting. I wish Coach Summitt nothing but the very best as she starts the next chapter in her very impactful life. I love her very much.”

- Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell will be her replacement.
judgementday Wrote:Matthew Mitchell will be her replacement.

Tennessee has already named a replacement. Holly Warlick is the New Coach at Tennessee
She is truly one of the greatest to ever coach the game.
She is not one of the greatest, she IS the greatest!
Legend.
IMO the greatest basketball coach ever.
She is first class. I saw that she is still going to help out with Tennessee's basketball program.
I was dumbfounded when I heard that she is in the initial stages of Parkinson's. Next to cancer, that is the next most cruel diseases a person can get.
^ Is that connected to dementia or is that separate? I knew someone with it a long time ago and all I remember is it was bad! Hate to see that happen to such a great person.
^ very similar
Im really surprised Demoss didnt take it.
I wonder if she'll hang around UT or go head coach somewhere.
Strikeout King Wrote:Tennessee has already named a replacement. Holly Warlick is the New Coach at Tennessee

I must have missed this.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im really surprised Demoss didnt take it.
I wonder if she'll hang around UT or go head coach somewhere.

DeMoss actually left UT shortly after the loss to Baylor, in the NCAA tournament. She took a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.

I think most people knew this was going to happen, but it's just sad to see Summitt's coaching career cut short by her illness. She did everything with class and will always be remembered as one of the greatest of all time.
^ well said Bloody Harlan
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:DeMoss actually left UT shortly after the loss to Baylor, in the NCAA tournament. She took a position with the WNBA's Indiana Fever.

I think most people knew this was going to happen, but it's just sad to see Summitt's coaching career cut short by her illness. She did everything with class and will always be remembered as one of the greatest of all time.

Thanks for the update bhv.
I did not know that.
One of the greatest coaches of our time. I wish her nothing but te best! Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!