Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Panetta: Photos of troops with insurgents' bodies violate U.S. values
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t3

Quote: Photos of U.S. soldiers posing with bodies of suspected Afghan insurgents, published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times, depict behavior that "absolutely violates" U.S. regulations and values, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Wednesday.

"This is not who we are, and it's certainly not who we represent when it comes to the great majority of men and women in uniform who are serving there," he said.

The two photos published by the paper are among 18 provided by a U.S. soldier who wanted "to draw attention to the safety risk of a breakdown in leadership and discipline," The Times reported.

My God...80% of this country is completely retarded. Now they're going to bitch at deployed troops for posing with dead enemy? They just realizing this now, after 10+ years? Let some dudes try to blow them up and see if they don't want to mock some bodies...

It's kind of like posing with a deer..different of course, and it sounds strange I guess. But if they don't want our minds to get this jacked up or they don't want to see this shit, then how about not getting us into 2 damn wars that 20 year olds have to fight for them??

It's simple...don't send kids to wars that 99% of this country refuse to fight if you get so "appalled" at some damn pictures. All that is is a celebration that that guy bit the dust instead of you and your boys.

I'm just so sick of seeing nothing but negative on the news about us and hearing America bitch about a war that 99% haven't even contributed to, and a war that hasn't even touched their lives...constantly hearing know-it-alls tell me about a conflict and country they haven't fought in or been to and don't know shit about. I'm starting to wish everyone would just go back to not caring if all they're going to talk about is negative crap. Done with the rant..

vundy33 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t3

My God...80% of this country is completely retarded. Now they're going to bitch at deployed troops for posing with dead enemy? They just realizing this now, after 10+ years? Let some dudes try to blow them up and see if they don't want to mock some bodies...

It's kind of like posing with a deer..different of course, and it sounds strange I guess. But if they don't want our minds to get this jacked up or they don't want to see this shit, then how about not getting us into 2 damn wars that 20 year olds have to fight for them??

It's simple...don't send kids to wars that 99% of this country refuse to fight if you get so "appalled" at some damn pictures. All that is is a celebration that that guy bit the dust instead of you and your boys.

I'm just so sick of seeing nothing but negative on the news about us and hearing America bitch about a war that 99% haven't even contributed to, and a war that hasn't even touched their lives...constantly hearing know-it-alls tell me about a conflict and country they haven't fought in or been to and don't know shit about. I'm starting to wish everyone would just go back to not caring if all they're going to talk about is negative crap. Done with the rant..

I agree. This is secular humanism in action Vundy. Bleeding heart liberals in the media, I'm telling ya. The newspapers are just an extention of the liberal classroom. We send 19 year olds into combat and expect them to act like aristocrats or something? They are the unlikely combination of very young men, and women, taught to be fearsome killing machines. The left will be talking about this and water boarding for decades (if we make it that long), while letting all the enemy's atrocities, from hacking captured prisoners heads off while televising it on the internet, to using women and childred as human shields, and the like go unmentioned. It's sickening and I believe, treasonous. The ones that published the pictures and wrote the supporting articles should be the ones on the carpet, or worse.
vundy33 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t3

I thankyou for your service! I have many view points including buring one of my dearest friends from the war. Every memorial day, I take my family and we go to his tomb and place a flag. I miss my friend greatly.

The media only can cover negitive. A teacher that helps a student learn to read, that does not sell a story but a teacher who had inappropriate relations with a student that does and everyone thinks teachers are like this or they are over paid, or it was the Union's fault.

The same way with a soldier, a doctor, a lawyer, a construction worker. If we are divided then we are alot easier to govern. We can be steered one way or the other. I used to watch "we report, you obey" thinking they were "fair and balance", no, I was foolish for such a thought, but the same thing could be said for CNN and MSNBC, or any other alphabet "news" organization.

What should matter to this country gets blurred not by the person but by the politics and to turn a phrase you just like the american people are "just another causility of this ongoing war".