Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After attending the State Tournament in Lexington this weekend, I think that the 15th region isn't as weak as everyone thinks.  This was by far one of the worst tournaments I've seen.  I know that Paintsville beat Apollo earlier in the year, and I think that some of the teams in this region could have competed.
I agree I think the whole state was wide open this year
I agree, it was a weak tournament!!  :thumpsup:
Definetly the weak tourney. The worst one i have been to in many many years. Crowd was really down pretty bad too. But it was still a pleasure to  go to. Good luck 15th regoin in  06/07
I believe JC could have competed a little better against someone other than J-town.
it was week but i bet it will be stronger
It goes in cycles. Some years are tougher than others. Some years the 15th can complete in the state tournament other years they cant. The same can be said for almost every region.
the 15th should be stronger next year
we will have a better showing next year
The tournament overall was weaker this year. I think that the 15Th can compete some years, but it is far and few between. Some years I think that it is more of a mental thing than talent thing. Other times, I believe the athleticism isn't quite up to par with the rest of the state. I don't think that there is an easy answer to any of these problems, but I hope that the 15Th can get it together soon. :closed:
Homer Simpson Wrote:the 15th should be stronger next year

No way, not overall.
Hopefully the 15th will get a good draw next year.
i see prestonsburg making it their next season
JCHS did the region proud To play a good game with eventual state champions is an sccomplishment
YeGymnasium Wrote:The tournament overall was weaker this year. I think that the 15Th can compete some years, but it is far and few between. Some years I think that it is more of a mental thing than talent thing. Other times, I believe the athleticism isn't quite up to par with the rest of the state. I don't think that there is an easy answer to any of these problems, but I hope that the 15Th can get it together soon. :closed:

But what I still dont understand is. Before we had school names like East Ridge, Shelby Valley, Pike County Central, we competed in the state level with schools like Dorton, Virgie, and Elkhorn City. So all the arguements about our schools being smaller than the "big schools" really dont cut it. I think now it is more of a mental thing than a talent thing.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:But what I still dont understand is. Before we had school names like East Ridge, Shelby Valley, Pike County Central, we competed in the state level with schools like Dorton, Virgie, and Elkhorn City. So all the arguements about our schools being smaller than the "big schools" really dont cut it. I think now it is more of a mental thing than a talent thing.
Hold on now.
Virgie and Paintsville are the only schools from the 15th in the recent era to COMPETE on the statewide level.
EC may have been there but did they compete??? Did Dorton ever go to the state tourney???
fox sports Wrote:Hold on now.
Virgie and Paintsville are the only schools from the 15th in the recent era to COMPETE on the statewide level.
EC may have been there but did they compete??? Did Dorton ever go to the state tourney???
you tell them man:letsparty