Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anthony Hickey (Rumors)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trent Johnson shocked everyone, leaving LSU for TCU. IDK why one would make that move, when I thought he had LSU going in the right direction. However, in the shadow of his leaving rumors are swirling that former KY Mr. Basketball & freshman starting point guard is looking to transfer. Hickey impressed this season & proved he was worthy of playing D-1 as well as he could compete in a major conference such as the SEC. His quickness & tenacity, made UK look bad in the SEC tourney. Since he originally wanted to play for UK & Coach Cal, do you think there is a possibility he could be a Wildcat in the near future?? Would coach call want him?? I think he'd wear the blue & white with pride, & could be the predecessor to Harrow when he leaves. His defense, selflessness, & speed is suitable to UK's game. I think it's an ideal for for the program in a year or two. Thoughts???
It would really depend on Marquis Teague's status.
What do you feel Teague's status has to do with it??? Teague stays, we have him & Harrow to run point. Teague goes we have Harrow & Polson to run point. If Teague stays, he'll be gone by next year & we'll still need a back-up point. Like Harrow, Hickey would have to sit a year & a year in Cal's system would do this kid wonders, IMHO. Cals been fortunate with Knight & Teague, that neither has gotten hurt. Lamb did well in spot work @ the point, but I don't think he could handle playing it the whole game. I have no idea about Archie Goodwin & Twany Beckham's abilities to play point.
No, LSU would not let him transfer to a team in the same conference. We have Harrow anyway, we don't need Hickey.
I don't think it would happen.....as Aslan stated, LSU probably would make a stipulation in him transferring that he couldn't play for an SEC school.
UK has no need for Hickey. He isn't good enough to play there.
We have Harrow for this next season and Beckham is the backup. Harrow will probably leeave after this year and Coach Cal will probably land the Harrison twins. They will be are back Court. We do not need Hickey
I agree with what Aslan Said. Rodney Hood a transfer from Mississippi State wanted to play for UK and UK had serious interest in him but Mississippi State put a stop to that so LSU would do the same thing
Twany Beckham came from Mississppi St. so it must depend on the player if they can transfer to another sec school
Truth Wrote:UK has no need for Hickey. He isn't good enough to play there.

He may not be good enough to start, but he is indeed good enough to come in and give 10-15 mins a game. He proved himself numerous times throughout the season, especially against UK in the SEC tourney.

IMO though, if he where to transfer, it wouldn't be to UK. He'll go somewhere where he can start right away.
Hickey is better then Hood...
I think Hickey is talented, but I just don't think UK needs him. First I don't think he'd play to much with Harrow playing PG and it's also taking a scholarship for the rest of his career. I wanna see him succeed and play a lot of minutes. I just don't see that happening at UK
I think Murray State would be a great fit for him.
^
Along with Hood, Polson, and Malone. Maybe they could all team up with Stacey Poole