Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: the Big Blue Bus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About 11:30 am I was travelling on I-64 toward Ashland when I saw in the distance a really big blue bus up ahead. As I approached the bus, I saw that it was the UK bus heading for Ashland and carrying Coach Calipari.

The bus looked great with all the UK blue and the white lettering declaring it was a UK basketball bus and that UK was the 2011-2012 national champion. Now that was worth following for a few miles.

Unfortunately, I noticed something odd. It was red and white. It was an Indiana license plate which was displayed in its proper place on the back of the bus.

It didn't spoil the moment but it did add a bit of irony.
Yup, it will be heading into Pikeville here in about roughly 30 minutes.

But I don't have a way there, or I would have went.
Going to be at Perry County Park at 5pm I think, and from what i'm hearing, that place is already crammed full as of 2 pm.
They were in Ashland a little while ago at Kroger.
They should make a few stops in the heart of Louisville.....haha
Here are a few photos from that visit in Hazard when Calipari and the trophy came and also several more photos from a separate trip a few days later when Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Darius Miller came to sign autographs. That event was free but way more people than expected showed up and many went away disappointed after waiting in the rain for hours.

[Image: AnthonyDavis-S.jpg]

http://www.smoothphoto.com/Miscellany/UK...h-Signing/