Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andy Katz new preseason top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Indiana
2. Louisville
3. Kentucky
4. Kansas
5. Michigan
6. Baylor
7. NC State
8. Ohio State
9. Florida
10. Michigan St
11. North Carolina
12. Syracuse
13. UCLA
14. Memphis
15. Duke
16. San Diego St
17. Arizona
18. Creighton
19. Notre Dame
20. Gonzaga
21. Texas
22. Wisconsin
23. UNLV
24. Minnesota
25. Missouri
1. Indiana

Indiana stays put at No. 1 after surviving the draft deadline unscathed. Cody Zeller and Christian Watford decided to stay in school and that means each of IU's top five scorers return from last season's Sweet 16 team, in addition to a top-10 recruiting class. So yes, the Hoosiers will still be the pick in the Big Ten and a preseason favorite for the national title. It took awhile, but Indiana is back. Get used to it.

2. Louisville

Louisville didn't have to deal with any draft issues. The Cardinals are as untouched now as they were in New Orleans after losing in the national semifinal to Kentucky. The losses of Kyle Kuric and Chris Smith can't be dismissed, but everyone else returns, Wayne Blackshear will be around for a whole season, Mike Marra and (perhaps) Rakeem Buckles will return from injury, double-digit scorer Luke Hancock arrives from George Mason and Peyton Siva should be the preseason Big East player of the year. No reason the Cards can't make it back-to-back trips to the Final Four.

3. Kentucky

The Wildcats will almost certainly lose Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to the NBA, and likely Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague as well. Senior Darius Miller also is gone, and he was one of the best glue guys in the country. So how is Big Blue still No. 3? All about the newcomers. John Calipari has hauled in the nation's No. 1 class for the fourth straight year at UK, led by the nation's No. 1 player, shot-blocking extraordinaire Nerlens Noel. The additions of NC State transfer Ryan Harrow and freshmen Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley -- along with a former top recruit like Kyle Wiltjer who will get his chance to shine -- will keep Kentucky near the top again.
I like it!!!

I sure hope IU is #1 when we play them, then let Ville jump to #1 and we take them out. It would be nice for the resume to have to wins over the #1 teams in the nation as the Cats takeover the #1 spot themselves
Not a UK fan at all SD, but there is a pretty good possibility that's the way its gonna happen. Ive said all along if you guys got Noel, you might as well go ahead and hang the banner for next year too.
I agree with these rankings, besides Michigan.
I figured Missouri would be higher.
^ I believe Missouri lost quite a few seniors...not sure who they are bringing in recruiting-wise though. That may change things.
I can see this.
Preseason polls are about as good as non-two ply toilet paper.
^They're quite worthless. UNC was preseason #1 last year.
But at this moment, I have to agree with Katz. IU returns basically everybody and is bringing in an excellent class of freshmen. We can match their first five talent wise IMO but they'll be the deeper team. We desperately need one more player in the rotation. Cmon Bennett.