Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nerlens Noel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Star says he hasn't made a college decision yet but that he will shock the world tomorrow when he announces his college decision. Noel is down to Kentucky, Syracuse and Georgetown.
Shock the world?????? What, he's quitting basketball! I would love to see him at UK, but nothing he says will shock the world!!!!
From what I understand a lot of people expect him to go to UK...so I don't like the thought of that.
WideRight05 Wrote:From what I understand a lot of people expect him to go to UK...so I don't like the thought of that.

I have a bad feeling he will be a Hoya in DC next season.
^ That's what I'm thinking
Strikeout King Wrote:^ That's what I'm thinking

My buddy seen him in NOLA, and tried to talk some sense into him. lol
I hope he comes. Isn't him and Shabazz real good friends with eachother?
Strikeout King Wrote:I hope he comes. Isn't him and Shabazz real good friends with eachother?

I don't know but I'm sure they'd entertain the thought of playing together
there's another recruit that's really good friends with Shabazz. Someone said that they both will likely end up going to the same school
Did the decision come yet?
^ They both are announcing tomorrow night at 7:30
reports leaking now that Noels is going to Cuse..

Bazz still not saying much.
^ You are crazy. There's no reports saying he's going to Syracuse, Kentucky or Georgetown. I just checked.
Overrated Wrote:reports leaking now that Noels is going to Cuse..

"OK, so back to the announcement. Like I said, tonight we’re gonna have a group discussion and write things out and see where we’re most comfortable and what the best decision will be. The rumors about me already being committed are just crazy.
Anyone who knows me knows my mom, Dorcina, has to sign off on any decision and that she will play a major part in any decision. So tonight is when I’ll talk to her about it all.
Any “recruiting guy” who says he has some news from a “source” is funny, too, because the source would have to be me or my mom and they’re not talking to her and I don’t talk to anyone. Like I always say, only believe what you read here."- Nerlens Noel
Overrated Wrote:reports leaking now that Noels is going to Cuse..

Did the report tell you how to spell the kid's name right? Nerlens Noel.
^ sorry queer bate....

forgot it was a fuhkin spelling test on here you skank.

Noel to Cuse must be the soft spot sorry..

Suicide watch after Bazz goes to UCLA?
Well I figure if you were following him so close and wanting him to come to SU so bad then you could at least spell his name right. It's not the first time you've misspelled it...Your maturity is really showing :Thumbs::Thumbs:
After talking to who i talked to today i am 100% sure Shabazz is coming to KY.
I cant really tell you how i know, but this isnt a joke. He has already sent his letter of intent to UK as of Tuesday. If he announces somewhere else then something huge has happened over night.
mark it down, Shabazz to UK.
Noel im not so sure about.
Big Day for not only UK basketball but also for all the UK haters. If both decide to be a UK Wildcat then it's a big day for BBN. If they go elsewhere then all the UK haters will be happy. I'd love to see both of them and Bennett in a UK uniform.
I would like to see Muhammmed, Noel, Kidd-Gilchrist, Lamb, and Teague all in Lexington next year. Probably not happening with all of them, though.
ith Kentucky's basketball roster potentially just days away from being dismantled by an NBA exodus, many uncertainties remain about the makeup of next season's team.

Two of the biggest questions will be answered Wednesday night.

Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad — the top two high school seniors in the country — will announce their college intentions during a made-for-TV special to coincide with the first day of the spring signing period.

Both recruits have UK among their final three schools, and both would be considerable building blocks as the Cats try to "reload" once again under John Calipari, who will be interviewed as part of the ESPNU special.

Most recruiting services have Kentucky one spot behind Arizona in the race for the top class in the country. Landing Noel or Muhammad would give UK a chance to pass up the Pac-12 Wildcats. Securing a commitment from both would certainly be enough to clinch another No. 1 class.

Noel looks to be the most likely to choose Kentucky, which has emerged as the favorite for the consensus No. 1 player in 2012.

On Tuesday, a panel of seven ESPN recruiting writers offered their predictions, with six saying Noel would choose the Cats. The other vote went to Georgetown. The 6-foot-10 center also has Syracuse on his list.

Noel told ESPN on Tuesday that he still had not made up his mind and planned to meet with his mother and others later that night to "see where we're most comfortable and what the best decision will be."

Calipari and the UK staff have been using the success of Anthony Davis to sell Noel on the program. Like Davis, Noel is a tremendous shot blocker. His offensive game is still a work in progress, but he was impressed with how Calipari used Davis in their run to the national championship.

"I'd factor in what my role would be offensively, like Anthony Davis with a lot of lobs and catching it at the high post and things like that," Noel told ESPN. "Defensively, I think it'll take care of itself."

Noel and Muhammad were teammates at the Nike Hoop Summit over the weekend, and will play on opposing teams in Saturday's Jordan Brand Classic.

Noel said Tuesday that he and Muhammad have spoken about the fact that they will announce the same night, but didn't talk about teaming up in college.

"We didn't talk about schools at all," Noel said. "We never have."

If they do play together at the next level, it will be at Kentucky. Muhammad is considering the Cats along with UCLA and Duke.

The same ESPN panel that predicted Noel would end up in Lexington was almost evenly split on Muhammad's destination. Four said UCLA; three said Kentucky. Duke is seen as a long shot to land the Las Vegas native.

Calipari and Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski met with Muhammad on Sunday to deliver their last-minute recruiting pitches. He was expected to make his decision Monday night in advance of Wednesday's announcement.

Muhammad would provide an immediate offensive spark to a UK team that is in danger of losing every major contributor other than Kyle Wiltjer.

Muhammad averaged 30.2 points and 10.4 rebounds while leading Bishop Gorman to a state title during his senior season. He was named the Naismith High School Player of the Year, the MVP of the McDonald's All-American Game, and broke Enes Kanter's Hoop Summit scoring record with 35 points in Saturday's game.

"Shabazz has everything going for him right now," ESPN analyst Dave Telep said Tuesday. "Offensively, there is not a peer for him in this class, and that sets him apart."

Wherever Noel and Muhammad end up, they'll likely play there for just one season.

NBADraft.net projects Muhammad to be the No. 1 pick in the 2013 draft, while DraftExpress.com has Noel in the top spot with Muhammad going No. 2.

Kentucky's incoming class currently consists of McDonald's All-Americans Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin, four-star forward/center Willie Cauley-Stein, and point guard Ryan Harrow, who will be eligible to play after transferring last year from N.C. State.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/11/21467...rylink=cpy
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:After talking to who i talked to today i am 100% sure Shabazz is coming to KY.
I cant really tell you how i know, but this isnt a joke. He has already sent his letter of intent to UK as of Tuesday. If he announces somewhere else then something huge has happened over night.
mark it down, Shabazz to UK.
Noel im not so sure about.

LOL, whenever I see these comments "I'm 100% sure", I know there is zero chance of the accuracy!!!Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2