Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tongue piercing could lead to ... a second tongue?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:It may help you build the impression of being really ‘cool’, but a new study has shown that wearing a tongue stud not only puts you at a risk for chipped teeth, recessed gums, and nerve damage, but that it may also be responsible for you growing a ‘second’ tongue.

The study, led by Ellis Neiburger, DDS at the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), found that not only can an oral piercing place people at risk for developing a fatal infection, it can also lead to them developing mini tongue, a scar tissue formation that develops adjacent to the piercing.

Ewwwww ...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1...110002.htm
I bet that would be nasty to look at!!! I don't know though the more I think about it now I bet the women would love two tongues!!!      :lol:    :lmao:
[quote author=cardsfan link=topic=21055.msg213298#msg213298 date=1142660441]
I bet that would be nasty to look at!!! I don't know though the more I think about it now I bet the women would love two tongues!!!       :lol:     :lmao:
[/quote] :lol: :thumpsup:
That is weird. But like it said it's scar tissue and that can result from any piercing, not just a tongue. You wouldn't exactly grow a second ear, tongue, lip, or whatever but it could develop a small bubble of tissue near it if an infection set up.
I will stick with my tattoos and stay away from that wild stuff~!!~