Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co - 10 Hazard - 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay beats Hazard tonight in 5 innings. In 4 at bats Clay Co only had 1 hit but was walked 9 times and had 5 hit batters. Needless to say Hazard struggled on the mound tonight.
Wow!^
Clay scored 4 runs off passed balls and 1 balk.Justin Smith looked very sharp as he held Hazard to 1 or 2 hits.
The teams had two hits each. Clay put the ball in play to move runners and take advantage of the walks to score the other 5 runs. Both Hazard pitchers struggled with control. Hazard really never threatened to score.
Clay had 1 hit. Hensley hit a double in the first inning. White reached on a throwing error by the 3rd baseman
Rollitover Wrote:Clay had 1 hit. Hensley hit a double in the first inning. White reached on a throwing error by the 3rd baseman

White beat out a slow roller to 3rd. Was two steps past first before throw ever got there. Ball was fielded cleanly, but throw was late. If the runner has already crossed the bag before the ball gets there, it is a hit even if the 1st baseman misses it. Either way the story of the night was Hazard terrible performance on the mound and at the plate. Can't say that much about Clay's hitting because most of the pitches were not even close enough to try to hit. Smith for Clay only saw 1 strike all night and walked 3 times. Corum got hit twice so never really got a chance to hit.
Yea, White clearly would have been thrown out had the throw been on target. it was low and 1st baseman didn't dig it out. Very obvious play, no reason to call it anything other than what it was. Clay beat hazard handily, and might have had a dozen hits had they seen more strikes but I can promise you White would have been OUT by two steps had the throw been on target. If you want to pad stats then pad stats. The game was what the game was, a bad game to watch or to try to play.
Rollitover Wrote:Yea, White clearly would have been thrown out had the throw been on target. it was low and 1st baseman didn't dig it out. Very obvious play, no reason to call it anything other than what it was. Clay beat hazard handily, and might have had a dozen hits had they seen more strikes but I can promise you White would have been OUT by two steps had the throw been on target. If you want to pad stats then pad stats. The game was what the game was, a bad game to watch or to try to play.

The play was not close , White had already clearly passed the bag. No need to pad stats, who is padding any stats in a two hit game. I guess the only opinion that matters was the official scorer and according to Clays site it was scored a hit. I also called him and he stated that field ump also stated White was safe even if the ball was caught. Don't really know what the big deal is, but that play was clearly a hit. I don't know where you were sitting but I was right next the fence on the first base side looking straight at first base and White was past the bag before the ball ever got there. The only real story of the night was that Smith dominated Hazards hitters and Hazards pitchers sucked to put it nicely.
Hazard never plays well at Clay. From what I hear, Hazard pitched their #5 pitcher and then a soph. reliever who has never really pitched in Varsity till this year. Hazard was getting their pitchers some work and saving their best pitchers for their All A next week. Hazard never gave themselves a chance in this game, their pitching was awful with some balls not even close to the plate, some of these guys have to get better. This will be a better game when they play later in April, Hazard is a good team, nobody is a good team when they walk nine, hit six and have that many passballs.