Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: will John Calipari stay or go to the NBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to see him stay, but I think he will go to the New York.
Every year guys. It gets old.
Good Lord!

Learn to enjoy.
Try this link.

http://t.co/wMCGyNkF
Notice that ugly ass orange T under the guy that started this.
Im 100% certain he will stay, and its the first time ive ever been confident about it.
He will be UK's coach for many seasons to come.
Well everybody keeps acting like some NBA team is going to throw the world at Cal, which is just not going to happen IMO. The Knicks have yet to see their investment in Melo and Amare work out for them, what makes people think they are going to throw Cal $10+ million just to babysit them?
I don't think Cal can be successful in the NBA......IMO recruiting is where Cal does his best and we know there is no recruiting in the NBA...
judgementday Wrote:I don't think Cal can be successful in the NBA......IMO recruiting is where Cal does his best and we know there is no recruiting in the NBA...

How else do you get superstars on the same team.
FBALL Wrote:Notice that ugly ass orange T under the guy that started this.

there is more sports then just basketball. women basketball i am a tenn fan. pat summit is the best coach out there. football i am a bama fan, Nick Saban...
the only sports that UK care about is basketball.
No.
Calipari will stay at UK, but I don't see him being the coach for many years to come. If he accomplishes what he wants at UK in the next 5 years, which is an undefeated season, then he may bolt to a small market nba team in need of a coach regardless of money.

Men's Head Basketball Coach at Kentucky is one of the toughest jobs in all of basketball and it comes with a lot of pressure every season.
cj2561 Wrote:there is more sports then just basketball. women basketball i am a tenn fan. pat summit is the best coach out there. football i am a bama fan, Nick Saban...

Grammar Police :policeman
He's not going anywhere.
cj2561 Wrote:there is more sports then just basketball. women basketball i am a tenn fan. pat summit is the best coach out there. football i am a bama fan, Nick Saban...

Basketball is not even close to my favorite sport. Believe it or not there are Kentucky fans that care about more than basketball. Looks like bandwagon jumping is your favorite.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How else do you get superstars on the same team.

Money
judgementday Wrote:Money

Seeing how each of the BIG 3 in Miami took less money then they could have other places, your statement is completely false.
This rumor starts every year...

And this year, like every year, the answer is NO.
Calipari will retire a Wildcat.
I think he goes to the NBA D league and becomes a legend coaching all the former Wildcats not good enough to play in the "League"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Seeing how each of the BIG 3 in Miami took less money then they could have other places, your statement is completely false.

Good point.

However, IMO I still think recruiting in the NBA is different than College recruiting.

Taken from the link listed below.

•Most analysts think that John Calipari is such a successful college coach because he is a great recruiter.
•John Calipari’s recruiting ability would not be a factor as the coach of the New York Knicks.

http://tothepointsports.wordpress.com/20...xt-season/
Stardust Wrote:I think he goes to the NBA D league and becomes a legend coaching all the former Wildcats not good enough to play in the "League"

That'd make a good book lol.
He's probably recruiting as I type. Ob-vious-ly he's staying, at least for this year.